El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed the infinity 39.2cf speakers in there dash?? If so, what kind of mods or problems did you run into?? I got a pair and really want to throw these in!

·
Registered
273 Posts
I used Sony dash speakers. The magnets were a bit too big, but I got creative and got them in. I had to buy an offset screwdriver to get the screws out, fyi.

·
ZERO MPG
15,367 Posts
I used these pioneer check out the installation video.

·
Registered
149 Posts
The front speakers are an easy swap, " IF " the depth isn't too great. I have Pioneer TS-878's in my dash ( easy replacement ), and they sound great!

But the better part of the question is " what else fits correctly without modifications "? I would have liked to put infinity speakers in my dash however, nobody has mentioned an easy swap with these speakers. They should be a bit difficult to install given the windshield clearance and hole depth, but then?.........who knows?

Let the forum members know if you got them in, and if there were ANY issues. Good luck!, it never hurts to try, and again, you will quickly know if there are going to be issues.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Speakers with bigger magnets will require you to pull the dash out a lil install and then replace or catch it from underneath the dash

·
ZERO MPG
15,367 Posts
The problem I saw was the cone on the top of the speaker and the cover plate. the pioneer's on the back of the box shows they fit El Camino's but there obsolete now look at Pep boys And Wal Mart They had them. My store still had one set $49.95. They sound great for 60watt and I have a spare set. Good idea to put a suppressor inline so you don't blow them out.:beer: See my video above just click on the picture.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts