El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1978 El Camino and currently bought off ebay a dashboard from a 1983 El Camino. The only problem is that the dash will fit into the car however the dash emblem bezel I don't have cause the years are not the same. So is there any suggestion on what I should do or does anyone have one on here that I can purchase or can anyone recommmend a place.

·
Registered
314 Posts

·
Registered
5,048 Posts
Hi, just found this site this morning, hope it takes off. Anyway I assume you are talking about the dash bezel. There are actually several types that were produced, the most widely available being the black SS version which can easily be found on ebay. but in order to have the dash match you'll also want the matching radio and gauge bezels. some dashboards were produced with the ac/heating vents in different configurations, and some dashboards use no dash bezel at all. I have the woodgrain type in one Elky, with a removable SS emblem, my other Elky has a black bezel with silver pinstripe and the word "CHEVROLET" molded into the bezel. You can usually find whatever style you'll need on ebay if you look long enough. You may run into problems matching the radio bezel if you use the older style GM Delco radio. Since you are replacing your dash anyway why not change your whole interior color to black, and not have to worry about interior/exterior color combinations later. Good Luck, Mike

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The dash bezel is from the instrument cluster to the edge. I would like a conquista El Camino bezel since that is what kind my Elky is. The interior is going to be a dark blue with a black interior and since it is two tone the top is blue. The thing is really nice. The thing has a wopping 350 motor with lots of power which is more than I need. I have checked ebay for a few weeks however the bezels I have found has Monte Carlo or something non El Camino related. So if anyone has any suggestions other than ebay I guess I would appreciate it.

·
Registered
123 Posts
The little badge can be removed from the bigger panel and switched out. Just pull the little staples and pry gently!

·
Registered
77 Posts
I know this is an old post- but WOW what a nice job on your Elky! I'm scouring the site looking for help with my dash, and contemplating other makes and models for a replacement.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts