El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody still make deep dish mags or did they disappear after the 80s? It seems like in order to get the look I want Ill be forced to spend a fortune on race rims.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Crager may still have them, have to check around on line. Depending on the wheel width I think will determine how deep they will be...Not a fortune per say, a small fortune if going chrome. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
You might try Wheel Vintiques http://www.wheelvintiques.com/ They have quite a selection of the older style or retro wheels. The problem with 'deep dish' wheels is that there is minimal backspacing, so the rim protrudes outward, creating interference with the wheel well lip and rubbing the tire. There is not much of a demand for them anymore, but companies like Wheel Vintiques can still provide you with a wheel you're looking for.

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
Not to hijack the thread, but, Jim did you ever get that topper? If so, post a pic. Also, there's a vintage wheel dealer in Washington State that I've bought from before. Let me find his website and I'll post a link.

·
Registered
775 Posts
I purchased used dish mags on Ebay. I have 14x7, 14x8 and 15x8 for my 84 Elky. I had them polished up and they look great. Search my other threads on here and there are pictures. I have seen 14 and 15's that are 10" wide several times.
If you want new Ansen makes them and OPGI sells some as well.
RTT:smileyb:

·
ZERO MPG
15,367 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for your help everyone. With your input and a little research on my end I have learned somthing. In order to get the look Im shooting for I would have to have tires that are one foot wide on the rear ! Im not opposed to that, I just dont think its possible without major modifications. If Im wrong please tell me because I would love to do it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts