El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
86 El camino 4.3 Origanal swap to 350ci NEED help on what wires to delete from engine bay

Goal is engine bay clean up

·
Registered
555 Posts
86 El camino 4.3 Origanal swap to 350ci NEED help on what wires to delete from engine bay

Goal is engine bay clean up
I would get it running first and make sure that everything is working properly. Then you can go to town with the pliers, zip ties and electrical tape.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Depends also on what all you've done. Mine has a 350 that was swapped in and when it was done they changed the distributor and carb to non-computerized models. Once that was done the car no longer needed the computer for anything and when I got it I took it out and removed all of the wiring they had cut from it. Good luck.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
if you are deleteing the ecm and all smog stuff you can remove all of the ecm stuff from the pass side harness,be aware the heater/ac wires also come from a different location near the pass side .everything needed to just get it to run comes from the driverside harness and all you need just to run is the 10 ga red (power in) 10 ga pink (dist power) 12 ga. purple (crank) 18 ga brown( oil sender) 18 ga green (temp sender)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts