El Camino Central Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Deputy Director Region 8
2,932 Posts
Depends,, where are the dents and how big?? Eastwood has great tools to remove dents alond with a great stud gun,, post some pics of the dents,, some you can get tools behind some ya cant,, pics,,pics,,, and of course we need and love pics,,, Matty man

·
Deputy Director Region 8
2,932 Posts
Well you pay me 300.00 fee, then theres a photo tax of 75.00 but its a one time fee so post away,, then the copy & paste fee of 62.00 per photo which is on sale!! It was 120.00 per photo so what a deal,, then the readers tax of 42.50 per view so I take check,, money,, money orders and cash,, lots of cash,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I have a couple of crucks to restore,, or you can do it all yourself,, put the pics on photobucket,, then copy the bottom link off of the photobucket and paste it the topic your posting on,, do a search here on how to post pics and that will answer your questions,, or send me a boat load of cash also works,, Matty man,, just tryin` to help,,,

·
Deputy Director Region 8
2,932 Posts
Well those are good dents,, I am no body guy by any means but if it was my cruck,, I would put a full quarter panel on,, my guess if you had to pay someone to do this it would be close to the same cost as to try to smooth those out,, there has been a few members who just swapped them out,, Tony from around here in central Ohio just did one,, 78 are you a body guy by chance?? Hopefully some body people can chime in and see what they recommend,, Matty man

·
Registered
413 Posts
I agree with Matty. That metal is probably streched, plus you cant get behind it with a dolly. you would need a stud welder dent puller, dont think those are cheap. Im sure a real body man could fix it, but I would imagine he would suggest a new one. Just my guess. Keep us posted on how it gets fixed.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Hey guys,

I worked in body shops for years. Those dents are not even close to needing a quarter panel. They can easily be pulled and hammered out to have a minimum of body filler to get that looking like new again. I would recommend the stud welder method mentioned above. If you have no experience with this, find a friend with the right tools and skills and learn it. Or - pay a body shop a premuim to do the work . . . either way, it will be more cost effective to repair that quarter than to replace it. Done properly, you will never know the difference.

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
Yeah definately fixable. The rear would need to be pulled rearward after the bumper is removed. A stud puller won't work for that. Tacking a small plate and putting a pulling clamp on the plate works best. Same for the one up front. You could use a stud puller there but you'd you be doilng it for a long time. Tack a pulling plate right on the body line and pull straight out. Mo-Clamp makes a "tac-n-pull" set just for this type of work. Or you could pick up a similar clamp or weld a nice big heavy washer to a plate and use a come-a-long hook in the washer hole. Just don't stand behind it while you pull and go slow and don't rip the metal.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.