El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Deputy Director Region 5
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fellow members, I lost my son yesterday to a evil sickness called depression. That monster ate him up from the inside and consumed his soul If you know anybody who suffers from depression or do yourself get help. Asking for help is not a sign of weakness, there are some things that life throws at you that you can not handle alone. Don't let that dark ******* win the fight.
My son was the sole provider for his family, he has 3 beautiful kids that are now without a father and a wife without a husband and best friend. As much as he loved them, depression won. He left a sister without her big brother, his niece and nephew without their uncle. His mom without a son.....depression won........
I miss my son.........
Call somebody if you need help! PLEASE....

·
Registered
86 Posts
Greg,
My condolences to you and your family. You all will be in my prayers.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Acting Director, Region 13
2,048 Posts
So sorry for your loss. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Tim

·
Deputy Director Region 3 NJ Participating Member
2,092 Posts
Condolences.

We can only hope that family members who are stricken with depression know they can reach out for help and not go the wrong route.

·
Premium Member
8,540 Posts
That's very sad. Sorry for you and your family's loss. Prayers going for all your family. I have a son and a brother dealing with it. You are so correct.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Never think that you are alone .We are here for you .
My dad said to me that One will never understand hurt until you lose a son. I never really understood him until I lost my daughter.
That Hurt will never go away ,friends and family can make it easier . My daughter would say ,"Walk on".
We are "Walkin on "

·
VINTAGE MOTORHEAD
4,102 Posts
Greg, I have never met you, but I have lost more than a few friends to depression over many years. I cannot imagine how you feel. This burden will never disappear. Your daughter-in-law and grandkids are so fortunate to have you to help them. I hope and will pray that God will hold your son close and help you to shoulder the responsibilities you now have as a father and grandfather.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This story is really incredibly sad. I'm sorry to hear about this. I'm familiar with this kind of grief because depression took my mother when I was a child and I hate this feeling because depression took the only person I loved. Hang in there man!

·
Registered
80 El Camino
6 Posts
Fellow members, I lost my son yesterday to a evil sickness called depression. That monster ate him up from the inside and consumed his soul If you know anybody who suffers from depression or do yourself get help. Asking for help is not a sign of weakness, there are some things that life throws at you that you can not handle alone. Don't let that dark *** win the fight.
My son was the sole provider for his family, he has 3 beautiful kids that are now without a father and a wife without a husband and best friend. As much as he loved them, depression won. He left a sister without her big brother, his niece and nephew without their uncle. His mom without a son.....depression won........
I miss my son.........
Dear fellow member, I am really sorry for your painful loss. I certainly don't know you, not even your name but you've inspired me to finally join the forum to say something. This is my first post and I just wanted to share that my best buddy lost his son 2 years ago today, a month after his 20th birthday. He had the usual demons for a boy that age but to greater extent. The worst part for me was watching it all unfold over a period of a few years while his parents desperately tried to help. He often pretended to listen but was determined to go his own way. I do my best to help by being there and keeping up our mutual interest in hotrodding (he has had a 73 Nova 'forever'). You and your family take care. Sean.

·
Director Region 6 (FL) - 2017 Founders' Award Reci
4,651 Posts
Fellow members, I lost my son yesterday to a evil sickness called depression. That monster ate him up from the inside and consumed his soul If you know anybody who suffers from depression or do yourself get help. Asking for help is not a sign of weakness, there are some things that life throws at you that you can not handle alone. Don't let that dark *** win the fight.
I miss my son.........
I just read your words and want to convey my sympathies and best wishes for you and your family . While your original forum was posted over three years ago , I hope that time has helped dealing with your loss and we understand that your loss never goes away . I had a close friend that I would look out for many years and saw what depression can do . In times like this , I like to remember the words in the old cowboy song that said " happy trails to you , until we meet again .

Reactions: pitts64 and 78 Elk
1 - 16 of 16 Posts