El Camino Central Forum banner

Detail ?

4K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  70ELCO 
#1 ·
what is your favorite wax or polish? id rather ask than spend lots of time and money on junk. 8)

#5 ·
Wax on Wax off

The best wax out there? Great question. You will get a ton of different answers form alot of people. Just remember what ever wax or polish you use, know how to use the product! I have seen so many people having no clue how to detail a car. Ever seen someone removing wax off a car after its been applied in the sun? :lol:

This is just my 2 cents on my favorite product and I have tried a lot in detailing cars...KLASSE
http://www.topoftheline.com/klassecarcareproducts.html

Remember before you use any product take the time to do the job right. Before you wax you might need to polish and before you polish you may need to use a clay bar. Again there is alot of great products out there which ever one you use get your tooth brushes out and have fun! Its what I love to do! 8)

70elco (dave)

#7 ·
I use the 3M products. THe friend I have that owns his own Pain & Body shop uses 3M so if it is good enough for Him & Dupont then its good enough for me.

I use Blue something or another on the wheels and other polished aluminum / chrome parts.

I agree with 70 Elco. Make sure the finish is clean and ready for it. Otherwise your just sealing in dirt and grime.

#8 ·
I really like the Meguiar's products myself, especially the number 26 hi-tech yellow wax. It's so easy & gives a great shine.

#9 ·
Ditto on the Meguiar's products. I also use the #26 Hi Tech Yellow Wax in paste from. I have the full line of all the Meguiar's products and they have never steered me wrong, especially the All Metal Polish. That has done some amazing things for my alluminum and chrome.

#10 ·
Meguiar's products are fantastic as well as there ling-up of products. They have everything you need for different types of paint problems and protection.

#26 High Tech yellow works very nice but I have found it working better for me on lighter color cars. If used on very dark cars as black a little more finesse is needed on removal of the product for the perfect finish.

For all who don't know, #26 is used in the final step after all the other hard work is done for great results.

Klasse high gloss sealant glaze is still my choice for the final finsh.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.