El Camino Central Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know or have a Diagram for 1969 El camino non-ac heater control cables to show how they hook up the the heat control assemble in the correct place.
Helping a friend with his 1969 where the heater control was removed to replace and now weeks later finding a replacement one has no idea where each of the 3 cables hook back up to the heater control in the right place.
The 3 cables are just hanging under the dash and need to be reinstalled back correct.
Thanks for any help with this.

·
Premium Member
1,948 Posts
The Factory Assembly Manual might help. I also think you might be able to interpret which one does the blend door and which one does the defrost to vent to floor operation.

I'd have to stare at it for a few minutes but could eventually puzzle my way through it.

Rick

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Factory Assembly Manual might help. I also think you might be able to interpret which one does the blend door and which one does the defrost to vent to floor operation.

I'd have to stare at it for a few minutes but could eventually puzzle my way through it.

Rick

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
I do have the assembly manual for 70 -71 -72 -73 doesn't show anything about which cable goes where so I'm assuming the 69 assembly manual would show the same thing.
I guess the only way is to go over this weekend and unbolt the heater box to find out where each cable goes to.
It would've been much easier to do if the cables were marked when they were removed from heater control weeks ago.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello,

I was wrong - the best air conditioning information for me is in the 1970 Chassis Service Manual, not the Factory Assembly Manual. Maybe these pictures will help.

Rick
Thanks Rick,
That first picture mite be just what we need.
Found it on page 1A 5 in my 1970 Chassis Service Manual top left of page should be the same on in 69?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts