El Camino Central Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Search didn't awnser this question. Factory Laguna? Rare?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Guys! I'm shopping El Camino's and saw one, w/ Laguna F. end.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm in the process of adding a 73 laguna front end to my 76 Elco, I love the look of these front ends!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Laguna front

Hey bruisr, how'd the front end exchange work out??? I'm curious as to whether or not the Laguna front grille will fit in a '77????? Anyone ever try???????

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
oldelky80 said:
If your Elky has a Laguna front clip somebody has added it, never came from the factory
8) Tell that to the guys at a certain Chevelle site! They claim it was an option in 75! I told them a local dealer here put one together for their lot. That was the only one I ever saw! I didn't argue as there is no point. :cool:

·
Registered
19 Posts
I happen to own a 75 with said nose and I have seen doc's that say 2000 or so had been built by the factory during the fourth gen

·
Registered
76 Posts
Laguna Nose

Here is a quote from my "El Camino Photo History" book.
"Here's one you don't see very often-a 1975 El Camino Classic Laguna.The Laguna was an appearence package shared with that year's Malibu,of which the most obvious feature is the molded urethane front clip shown here.The Laguna's styling was meant to suggest a European flavor;whether it did is debatable."

So,it sounds to me like it may have been a rare option.

·
Registered
19 Posts
cute......I still don't understand why owners of 5th gen's care. I own one and I don't care if it came from chevy this way or not! it looks better and that's all that matters

what are pic's of a 33 year old car going to prove anyway....NOTHING!

PLEASE CHECK OUT THE PIC OF A BUILD SHEET IN MY FOLDER.....

LOOK ON THE LEFT SIDE ......

I THINK I WIN?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Al Camino said:
914nickd said:
why do you care? YOU HAVE GEN 5
:nopic:
Look at the installation. I bet it does not look factory or you wouldn't refer to it as a "75 ELCamino w/laguna nose". I don't think it was factory but a good installation would probably be an attention getter.

HOW DO WE ADDD PICS?

·
Registered
214 Posts
914nickd said:
cute......I still don't understand why owners of 5th gen's care. I own one and I don't care if it came from chevy this way or not! it looks better and that's all that matters

what are pic's of a 33 year old car going to prove anyway....NOTHING!

PLEASE CHECK OUT THE PIC OF A BUILD SHEET IN MY FOLDER.....

LOOK ON THE LEFT SIDE ......

I THINK I WIN?

·
Registered
214 Posts
caymanss said:
Al Camino said:
914nickd said:
why do you care? YOU HAVE GEN 5
:nopic:
Look at the installation. I bet it does not look factory or you wouldn't refer to it as a "75 ELCamino w/laguna nose". I don't think it was factory but a good installation would probably be an attention getter.

HOW DO WE ADDD PICS?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Laguna Nose

Maybe some of us El Camino owners care because it doesn't matter what year the car may be. It matters because its an El Camino.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts