Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,
Right now i've got a 305 4-barrel and 4 spd tranny. in the spring/summer im looking at putting in a 350 and a new tranny(5 or 6 spd), now i dont really race a lot just every now and then against friends, however i like to rod it around main-street. but i was wondering you guys now any good place/site i can get like a remanufactured engine or something or an engine that wont hurt my pocket-book to badly. any help is as always appreciated :)

·
Registered
5,048 Posts
Do you have a 4 speed manual or 4 speed automatic? If it is a manual shift trans, 87 Elkys did not come with a manual shift trans. If your planning to convert to a manual shift trans 4, 5 or 6 speed this is going to take some prior planning and parts searching. There is no such thing as a 350 that won't hurt your pocketbook unless your lucky enough to get a good engine out of wreck at a boneyard. Most of these would need to be rebuilt before installation and can cost around $1200-1400 to do. Check local papers like Tradin Times or Auto Trader for somone selling a 350 at a good price...but be careful what you buy. There are some good deals to be had, but you could also be buying someone elses junk.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh boy wish i had a manual just because its a manual even if it is a 4 spd but no i have an automatic. well i guess ill have to keep my eyes open for a good 350 then, and not to mention a tranny to go with it. thnx

·
Registered
492 Posts
brandnew goodwrench 350s are $1450. part # 10067357

1 - 4 of 4 Posts