El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay I have 2 questions. I'm going to be asking a lot of engine swap questions should I just put one post and keep adding? Or start a new one for each question that I can't find an answer to? The question at this time is I have used a 92 camaro z28 gen1 350 small block as my core and am pulling my old 350 to install this new one. I can't seem to find the correct dipstick. http://sogotenlinks.blogspot.com/2012/07/unlimited-energy-x3-second-huge-post_09.html
is the one I ordered and their website says it would fit. Well I get the package and it says that it only fits 1980 to 1982 gm passenger vehicles. I happened to find the old one that came with the motor in my shed and compared the two. The mr. gasket one has a much shorter distance that it goes into the block but from the bump that retains the height to the full line is 1/16" higher than the stock one. The stick is the same overall length though. Since its so close will it hurt anything to use this one? Also I've read on the camaro forums that there is another piece in the tube before you put the tube in. What's your opinion on this situation? Also it looks like it fits snug I tried the old one to see if it seemed like there was a sleeve missing.

Thanks,
Jerry

·
Deputy Director Region 6 - Supporting Member
6,209 Posts
Try getting the part # from the Chevy dealer. It can be the 92 Z28 or anything else that came with that engine. Just had fits over one with an engine swap in my 99 Silverado last year. The dealership kept saying that my truck could not have come with that 6.0 engine. This was even after the original window sticker was shoved up his nose.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Will do I've also asked the local parts stores and they look at me like I'm nuts. Might be time to go to one of the specialty guys.

·
Deputy Director Region 6 - Supporting Member
6,209 Posts
Tube from Classic Chevy in Orlando area was only $21.88. Would be a bit more if you have to get the stick too but Rozner may have the length listed on that and you won't need it if it is the same.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts