El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to put some new seats in my '77 Sprint.
Is there anything that is a direct bolt-in?
I don't have the know how to do a bunch of rail switching and what not, looking for something somewhat easy..... can ya help me out? :)

·
Director Region 19 Owner of the KLRMino
1,608 Posts
What do you have right now.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I know that Original Parts Group (OPG) sells direct replacement seats to almost all year ElCaminos which should fit the Sprint..... I think. Also try Elklers they sell seats too. Are you lookking for original replacements or something more up to date? I have an 87 GMC Cabalerro and find that the seat backs sit a little too far back for my liking and often considered replacing them with something more modern.

Hopes this helps.

Carl

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
More modern is fine with me, but it really doesn't matter much.
I stand 6'5" so I want to be able to push the seat back further than I can now. It's kinda tough to get in without hitting my legs on the steering wheel. :let_it_all_out:

·
Deputy Director Region 6
8,780 Posts
I had a split bench seat in my 84 & I used my 84 seat tracks to install 95 Firebird buckets seats ! They bolted to the Camino tracks with No mods !!
I don't know what seats tracks are in the 77 ??

·
Director Region 19 Owner of the KLRMino
1,608 Posts
well you will have get your hands dirty on this one, since there is a bench currently in your rig, you will have to custom fit individual seat mounts ie welding bolting fabing up something to accommodate the extra bolt holes on both sides. I'm in the process of doing this right now and I got a guy selling off the hook nice full power black leather bucket seats starting around 295 i think. i'll keep ya posted but finding the seats at the right price is proving to be troublesome.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts