El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
ZERO MPG
15,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do I need a gasket for this? It didn't come with one.:dontknow: not for the pan just the connector I see where I can put an o- ring so that must be all I need.

Good idea to read the post again DA!!!!!!! MIKE DO YOU KNOW WHAT SIZE O-RING I SHOULD GET OR JUST FIND ONE THAT FITS SNUG?

Today, 06:54 AM
HKDUP87

Master Wrench
Name: Robert
Year: 1987
Model: Conquista
Region: 18(CA)
NECOA #: 18458

Garage
HKDUP87's Garage HKDUP87

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrannyMike
You don't have a kick-down solenoid. The only electrical system for your trans is lock-up. The cable from the trans to the carb is for shift timing, pressure and passing gear. If you are leaking at the case connector for lock-up, you need to drop the pan, unplug the internal harness at the case connector, pull out the connector, install a new o-ring and re-assemble everything. Change the filter and pan gasket while you're at it.

Now if the leak is at the case connector, but is coming through the pins at the connector, you need a new connector. This is what it looks like. If you need one you can get this universal connector from this site. http://cobratransmission.com/index.p...oducts_id=2031

O.K. I got the connector is there supposed to be a gasket it didn't come with one? I ordered it from the link you supplied. I hate to drop the pan and not be able to install it.
Robert

Click this bar to view the full image.

__________________​

1 - 1 of 1 Posts