El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey yall. I was doing some work and realized i got all new hoses except for my lower radiator hose. now there arent any cracks in it or anything, but it is pretty old.

take a look

now i dont know if you can tell from the pic but i will put a comparrison of my good hoses.

Now i dont know if it is neccisary to replece it or not even though its got no problems. i am just worried about goin down the highway and it bursting... but that could happen anyways....

thanks guys.

·
Deputy Director, Region 1
2,566 Posts
Whatever makes you feel better. It's kind of funny. You can replace a hose that's been on the car for 15 years just because you feel it's time. Then 6 months later the new one blows up.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yup thats why im worried haha! i havent crawled under there yet but is it easy to replace?

·
2,566 Posts
Yeah easy enough. But you'll lose all your antifreeze.

·
2,566 Posts
Yeah. Just use a clean pan and use a strainer in a funnel when you put it back just to catch anything that may have gotten in it. Ask your local paint shop for one of those white paper paint strainers

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
okay thank you. Maybe this can be my waiting project as i wait for the carb to come. i need to order it here next week or so. shippin it to G-pas house, so i need to see when he will be around.

·
Deputy Director Region 6
8,781 Posts
What's the cost for a new hose ?? What's the cost of a tow truck & repairs if it blows ?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts