El Camino Central Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Past Texas Director
6,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As you are all VERY aware, May 26th is approaching quickly, and to make the 2nd Annual Belton Invitational a huge success, we need everyone's help.

If you are a business owner and would be able to donate any goods to be used in "goodie bags", and/or door prizes for the Belton gathering, we would gladly accept any and all items.

It would be a great way to get your business recognized-free advertising. It's a win win deal-we get your items to use for prizes, and you get your business name/items spread around to El Camino/Sprint owners throughout the State.

Feel free to contact me, at [email protected] or PM me.

Thank you in advance, because I KNOW we have the most generous folks on this forum. :texas:

·
Past Texas Director
6,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Way to promote !!!!!:beer: only came in for lunch ,going back out to the shop !:secret:
It was rushgators idea...I just posted it!!! We need all the help we can get to pull this off like we hope!!
I'll be going door to door to the businesses here, in Waco as soon as Carlos is done. It just wouldn't be right to go trying to solicit goodies for the NECOA and be pulling up in a beater SATURN. lol

·
Premium Member
1,324 Posts
OK, I give up. Whut was promoted except :You_Rock:

·
Registered
206 Posts
Here`s a lame attempt, just thinking out loud....."Goodies" usually means something that folks "want":dontknow:

I`m pretty sure I can gather up some "stuff", but it will be practical stuff...

We have a truck parts store, and have a few product lines that are used in
everybody`s shop / garage that may be useful,even if not "fun".

shop towels, hand cleaner, brakekleen, filters etc.....

I`m willing to supply a pile of oil, air, fuel filters that typically fit a factory Elcamino if it
sounds like it`s something that would be well received, and a few cases of hand cleaner, towels, and "trinkets".

I`m still just a "maybe" on even making it to Belton, but it`s a great cause, so even if I can`t firm up the trip, I`d be glad to hand off the "stuff" to anybody that was willing to haul it.

Thoughts?

Hasbeen:texas:

·
Past Texas Director
6,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Here`s a lame attempt, just thinking out loud....."Goodies" usually means something that folks "want":dontknow:

I`m pretty sure I can gather up some "stuff", but it will be practical stuff...

We have a truck parts store, and have a few product lines that are used in
everybody`s shop / garage that may be useful,even if not "fun".

shop towels, hand cleaner, brakekleen, filters etc.....

I`m willing to supply a pile of oil, air, fuel filters that typically fit a factory Elcamino if it
sounds like it`s something that would be well received, and a few cases of hand cleaner, towels, and "trinkets".

I`m still just a "maybe" on even making it to Belton, but it`s a great cause, so even if I can`t firm up the trip, I`d be glad to hand off the "stuff" to anybody that was willing to haul it.

Thoughts?

Hasbeen:texas:
I think we would LOVE your very generous offer!! I will figure out a way to get it to Belton even if you can't make it. Please PM me at your earliest convenience!!! Thank you VERY VERY much for helping out!! :You_Rock:

G

·
Gotta Surprise!

Not sure if you guys will like what I did since I didn't get local business owners,but I managed to pull strings in LARGER businesses for goodie bags.
I reached out to Hoosier Tires,Valvoline,Lucas Oil,Spectre Performance,and many others.
I have commitments from a few,so it looks like this will be bigger than expected.:texas::beer:

G

·
I forgot to mention Dr. Pepper. Whats a Texas gathering without that?!
I'll have a complete list in the next coming weeks as these items arrive at my door.:beer:

·
Ministry of Broke Things
6,676 Posts
Hasbeen, that's exactly what we're talking about! Many thanks, and I hope you can make it to Belton.:texas:

G

·
So I got a PM from a very generous member named Beepster! He offered up 100 buckaroos for goodies! This will surely add a BANG to Belton so get your Chevy's and GMC's ready!
Thanks Beepster!:You_Rock:

1 - 20 of 62 Posts