El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
ZERO MPG
15,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a shot of a 5th gen spark plug wire set up to see the best way and looking before I cut my set.:secret::secret:
Thanks
Robert

·
Past Texas Director
6,185 Posts
I'll get a shot of mine in the morning for you, Robert. Mine are just plain gray, but I've got them all sorted and gathered with some pretty chrome looking clamp type things that keep my plug wires looking somewhat "neat".
Those purple plug wires are going to look GREAT with your purple loom!
Here's a partial shot of them--like I said, I'll get a full photo of them in the morning when it's daylight.

·
ZERO MPG
15,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll get a shot of mine in the morning for you, Robert. Mine are just plain gray, but I've got them all sorted and gathered with some pretty chrome looking clamp type things that keep my plug wires looking somewhat "neat".
Those purple plug wires are going to look GREAT with your purple loom!
Here's a partial shot of them--like I said, I'll get a full photo of them in the morning when it's daylight.
http://s234.photobucket.com/albums/...w&current=V2Fjby0yMDEyMDYyMy0wMTkxMC5qcGc.jpghttp://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee256/terrymcmom/th_V2Fjby0yMDEyMDYyMy0wMTkxMC5qcGc.jpg
Thanks I really don't want to cut them and then see a better way Every way i look is to close to the manifolds and i don't want to burn them.:texas:

·
Premium Member
424 Posts
What you want to do is going to be tough. Because, in my experience, there's always a 'better' way, or a 'better' product, or a 'better' tool. I think it boils down to what you like.
Have you looked at running the wires under the headers? Sometimes that works.
Good luck.

·
ZERO MPG
15,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What you want to do is going to be tough. Because, in my experience, there's always a 'better' way, or a 'better' product, or a 'better' tool. I think it boils down to what you like.
Have you looked at running the wires under the headers? Sometimes that works.
Good luck.

After thinking about it I can hook the one end with the plug already installed on the wire to the spark plugs on one side and play with them till there away from anything that can melt them there good for 600d and look the way that I want them to be. Should have thought about that first. All the wires are really long for custom fitting.:beer:

P.S. I know the firing order:poke:
Thanks
Robert

·
Registered
497 Posts
when i was pulling parts of the laguna for my 74, i found some really sweet billet aluminum wire looms on it. the guy told me i could have them. the wires run across the tops of the loom, away from the exhaust manifolds, and the end goes through a hole to the plug. i'll get a pic to show you. might be a worthwhile investment for ya to find some similar.

·
ZERO MPG
15,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
497 Posts
I been looking at those so they do look good under the hood? I can't tell just by that picture what they look like on.:beer:
when i saw them in the laguna, they were caked with grime but still looked pretty decent. they route the wires above the manifolds and give it a really clean look. and i'm sure they'd look a lot better all cleaned up.

·
ZERO MPG
15,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
when i saw them in the laguna, they were caked with grime but still looked pretty decent. they route the wires above the manifolds and give it a really clean look. and i'm sure they'd look a lot better all cleaned up.
O.K. I have a gift card from Advanced Auto I was waiting to use so I will give them a try.
Thanks

·
ZERO MPG
15,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
i'm looking on advance auto's website and all i see of that style so far is for a big block.
Same here on the right of it shows more people viewed with the same look and the part number is one number lower at the end but it wont come up. bet it's for the small block.

jegs doesn't show if it fits.

These fit will be here tomorrow
Thanks

form 141-638 - Officially Licensed GM Valve Cover Wire Looms

Proform #778-141-638

SB-Chevy V8

$55.99 Ships Today

Click for JEGS Online Price Match

More Sharing ServicesShare | Share on myspace Share on google Share on twitter

ProForm Linear Spark Plug Wire Loom

Part No. 141-638

S

·
Venerated Member RIP
4,461 Posts
Robert what ever you do don't get in a hurry like I did just to get her running.
These were stock Taylor wires for a BBC.
I now have a custom set of Accel 8mm cut to fit wires that were a PITA but well worth it in the end.

·
ZERO MPG
15,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
originally our wires run under the driverside manifold and over the pass side one. are you trying to run them original or just over both manifolds ?

·
ZERO MPG
15,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Wow I like the color hoses , where did you get them from is there diffrent colors to choose from?:smileyb:
That's just wire loom. Got the chevy. wire looms and they look way better than the picture. There going to look cool with my wire set. Will post pictures when done.:secret::secret:
Robert

1 - 20 of 23 Posts