chevy El camino :cool:
GMC sprint was the A body car (i think)
GMC cabellero was the G body (i think)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank

thanks guy, who makes tempest cause at the river city rod run there was a tempest, pontiac it was

big bear

·
Registered
481 Posts
holden ute

·
Registered
266 Posts
also Ford in the early 60's made one on the falcon frame not sure what it was called. Were these Ranchero's also?
Yeah that was a Ranchero as well. Also yes Pontiac made the Tempest.

VW had a pickup on the Rabbit body style. Pretty goofy looking in my opinion. VW pickup pics.

Theres also that Subaru Baja which looks like they took thier wagon and hacked off the rear top section.

·
Registered
225 Posts
what about the jeep scrambler...or would you consider that a truck-truck and not a car-truck :?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Don't forget (but maybe we should), the sub-compact that plymoth made. I think it was on a Valiant. Ahh, nuf said, should of let THAT one be forgotten.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Back in the early Seventies the Ford Bronco was made in a convertible version that was very cool - In the late eighties, I had a 1973 302 that was painted bright orange - with a white Hard Top. Sold it in 1989 for the same $3k I paid for it. They're still quite popular in So. California, among other places, for hauling around surfboards.

And yeah, I know - it IS a Ford, but it sure beat hell out of a Ranchero...

·
Registered
225 Posts
what about the '76 cadilac mirage?

·
Registered
266 Posts
Don't forget the incomparable VEGA pickup.....
what about the '76 cadilac mirage?
I pretty sure the Caddy wasn't a production car. I've never even heard of a Vega pickup. Any pics.???

What about the Corvair rampside pickup? It's like a van/pickup thing. Would that qualify as a car or truck? Corvair pickup pic.

·
NECOA Founder
844 Posts
The premise of being equivelant to an El Camino or Ranchero is that the vehicle was based on a passenger car from the same company. That's not the case of some of the vehicles mentioned above.

Know what I mean, Vern?

·
Registered
225 Posts
sorry it was the 77 mirage and it was based on the fleetwood.

·
Super Moderator
4,363 Posts
Not sure if the Mirage was actually produced by anyone. I do remember a friend built one from a kit back in the early 80's

1 - 18 of 18 Posts