El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Site Contributor Participating Member
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been thinking that my El Camino needs a name, and I thought this might be fun :smileyb:

Whaddya call the old girl??

·
Registered
802 Posts
Mine doesnt officially have a name but my Grandma sometimes calles it the El Camaro.... Gets me irritated lol

·
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a couple "unofficial" names also (El Cochino) but I'd like to come up with some kind of sexy girl name or something. :dontknow:

·
Past Texas Director
6,185 Posts
There's another thread similar to this one somewhere on here, but I've named mine Carlos.

·
Past Texas Director
6,185 Posts
Mine doesnt officially have a name but my Grandma sometimes calles it the El Camaro.... Gets me irritated lol
That just made me LOL! My mom used to call my dad's 61 Corvette a CHEVETTE!! Every time she'd say Chevette, you could see my dad cringe a little.

·
Deputy Director Region 18 Participating Member
6,292 Posts
..I call mine "Elky", and, every Elky I see too.( Notice on how Elky is always start with a capital"E"),it got that name when I drove it off a cliff,kinda,and made my own trails...

...And,Thats how it got its name,Elky,kinda like a Elk that you would see out in the forest somewhere,and also,its short for El Camino too..:beer::beer:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
12,547 Posts
I name them all. Lets see, The Yellow Rose, Pinkomeano, Thumper, Lucky, Tennessee Trouble and now "Old Gray Lady"
I could just call them all (Money Pits) but then I'd just be confused!!:dontknow:
Donny

·
Super Moderator
4,363 Posts

"Gumby"

·
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
^^^ Reminded me of the Eddie Murphy bit - I'm Gumby dammit!! LOL

I'm Definitely gonna date myself here, but I was thinking about naming mine Laverne - as in LaVerne and Shirley. She always had that big "L" on her chest............ :dontknow:

·
Past Texas Director
6,185 Posts
^^^ Reminded me of the Eddie Murphy bit - I'm Gumby dammit!! LOL

I'm Definitely gonna date myself here, but I was thinking about naming mine Laverne - as in LaVerne and Shirley. She always had that big "L" on her chest............ :dontknow:
LOVE it!! LaVerne is a perfect Elky name IMO!

·
Registered
497 Posts
i haven't officially named mine yet, but the girlfriend calls it "the other woman" or "brown betty." i was thinking something a little more intimidating than "betty" but we shall wait and see how it runs when i clean it up.

·
Registered
36 Posts
My wife named mine "The Dude". She won't say why but it stuck. My daughter in law calls it the Mullet mobile. Business in front, party in the back.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts