El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
usually when i get it the way i like it, i turn it to low, and leave it on heater. after a while i have to turn the hot/cold down to cold more, cause she gets to cooking :!: I was wondering if any of you have that same problem/delight :D .

·
Super Moderator
4,363 Posts
Sure do. Actually, the system is designed for full size G-bodies...everything from the two doors to station wagons. The fact that our cars have an even smaller passenger compartment is a plus. This is also a plus with the a/c system! When I decided to install an auxillery unit in my storage compartment, I installed an a/c unit without heat.

·
Registered
47 Posts
mine will run ya right out of the car. But I put a 195 degree in the winter and a 160 degree in the summer.

I thought about removing my heater core for summer because my air doesn't seem to cool the car as much as the heater heats it. I figure the air probably heats up a little as it passes over the heater core even though the heater valve is closed.

·
Super Moderator
4,363 Posts
I would suspect you have either a mis-adjusted temperature blend door, a leaking heater control valve, or your recirculation door isn't closing.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I just had my heater core out and the door at the bottom seemed to move freely.

The valve shpuld still be good, I went through it when I put it on.

My vents take forever to start blowing air through them, sometimes up to five minutes. Vacuum leak under dash?

·
Registered
38 Posts
My heater warms things up very quickly also and I end up dialing it in at about 60% on the "hot" side with the fan on the lowest setting. I sure hope the AC works that quickly in the summer too! :lol:

·
Super Moderator
4,363 Posts
Yes, because you still have hot coolant flowing through your heater core.

·
Deputy Director, Region 4
929 Posts
I had trouble turning down the heat in my '84 until I replaced the lever that connects the temp cable to the blend door. P/N 3037629.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
My hot air blows when I have it on defrost but just regular air in all the other settings. I think I need to adjust the cable on the vent selector

·
Banned
5,787 Posts
during the summer time ,, i remove the heater hoses altogether on lumpy,,,use pipe plugs to plug off intake,,i dont have a heater control valve so it always blows hot,,,,so i just remove them,,no more hot air,,,cheers

·
Registered
852 Posts
A/c is for sissies. my windows roll down just fine :poke:

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
In the winter
heat on----window down

Even growing up in Idaho, I always had a window open in the car.
even at -15*
(need that outside breeze to circulate the warm air from the heater)
Here in Texas----one window is down 1/2 way all the time.
Truck now sitting in work parking lot with the window down-----37* this morning

Even with the AC on----usually have a sideglass down a couple of inches.

·
Registered
52 Posts
even though I have vacuum leaks and my heat only comes out the defrost vent it doesn't take but a minute or two to fill like i'm in Hades!

195 degree water is HOT!

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
When it gets hot in the summer I use the A (driver window) and the C (pass window). The floor vents keep things cool. The cupholder in front of the heater vent keeps my coffee hot.

·
Registered
535 Posts
My heaters in both will run you out of the cab, I just don't drive them much if any during the winter months unless it gets above 50 outdoors. I don't use any AC in the summer, just the wings in the 60 and roll the windows down in the 77.

PFlo/Paul:beer:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts