El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The dome light cover is missing in my 79 Elky. I wonder if the cover is common with any other GM models?

Any suggestions on finding a replacement?

·
not around as much
2,192 Posts
From gmpartsdirect.com

Part# 7731130 GM LIST: $4.77 OUR PRICE: $2.86

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Poltergeist said:
From gmpartsdirect.com

Part# 7731130 GM LIST: $4.77 OUR PRICE: $2.86
Thanks.....too bad GMDirect wanted $7++ to ship. I may just
have my local GM dealer order it and pay the full GM List of $4.77
and Texas sales tax.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Dealer pricing works for me

Ironically after reading this thread a few days ago I managed to shatter the dome light cover in my 82 while trying to get it back on. I just ordered a new one from my local Chevy dealer and with my AAA discount it came to $4.29 including tax. Beats the rest of the mentioned choices.

NAPA store gives a 7% AAA discount. And my local A&A Auto Parts store gave me a whopping 50% discount on a full set of KYB gas shocks with my local car club discount. Had them in the store in less than 24 hours. 8)

Never hurts to check the parts counter at the dealer but we are already getting that dreaded "sorry, obsoleted" reply way too often.

JB

·
Registered
22 Posts
Dome light Lens

I just got a new dome light lens for our '69 El Camino from our local GM dealer. It is surprising what GM still has in stock. Not everything to be sure but it always pays to check first. Good way to eliminate shipping costs and I usually get the stuff within a day or two. :D

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Re: dome lamp cover

81 CAB said:
don't know if you alresdy found one opg has them for $4.95 plus shipping
Thanks.... I found one at the local Chevy dealer. It was less than $5 with no add on for shipping. Some guy has them on eBay for $8 plus expensive shipping

1 - 10 of 10 Posts