El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Administrator
7,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ARTICLE VI (Our Bylaws, Adopted 11/04/2011)
DUES

Section 1. DUES:
Basic membership in NECOA is without charge. Annual dues for Participating or Supporting membership shall be fixed by the Executive Committee from time to time and adjusted as necessary to provide a balanced budget for club activities and expenses. Dues shall be considered payable at the end of the month in which the member joined. The Executive Committee may from time to time adopt certain privileges to be extended to Participating or Supporting members as appropriate.

The NECOA is now prepared to begin accepting donations to its Wells Fargo bank account. As the Bylaws allow, there will be two levels of membership available via donation: the “Participating Member” and the “Supporting Member”. The Participating membership title will be bestowed on any member donating a minimum of $25.00 but less than $65.00. The Supporting membership title will be bestowed on any member making a minimum donation of $65.00. If you do not know the month that you joined the NECOA & EEC, Check the “Your Profile” block within the “USER CP” on the top ribbon, HOME Page. Or, just look at the upper right hand corner of any of your posts. Your join date will be shown there. If you want, you can pro-rate your contribution, by sending in only that portion of the year (number of months) until your join month. An example, for a member pro-rating the months until his join date comes up in the future: Take a member whose join date was say, December. It's now July, so for him to pro-rate his donation, he could pay 5 months worth now, and then start his full yearly donation in December.

Should you decide to donate to the NECOA, simply go to the PayPAL site at PayPAL.com, and select “Send Money”. Next, in the space provided for “TO (email or mobile phone)”, type in [email protected] . Then type in the amount you wish to donate. It’s easy, and if you have your bank tied to the account, or have the funds available in your PayPAL account – they do not deduct a fee. If you do not wish to use PayPAL, please send a check or money order, made out to the NECOA, to Ken Rogers, 2005 Running Brook, Joshua, Texas, 76058. The donated money will be used strictly for the good of the Association, for growth, for services to members, and to purchase goods and services that the Executive Committee believes are necessary to a successful Association. A complete accounting of every cent will be made to the membership every 6 months – on February 1, and on August 1.

As far as having NECOA "dues", the NECOA is, and I hope will remain, free to all who want to join. There are a large number of folks who are unemployed, underemployed, or otherwise cannot afford a required sign-up fee to an on-line Forum. Now, having said that, there are a large number of folks who do have disposable income, and don't mind tossing some of that toward a favorite charity, a social club, or an on-line Club where they spend a lot of time either with their friends, or studying how to accomplish a change from a 6-cylinder to an LS 3 for their pet Elky. Whether you want to call it "pay-to-play", or a helpful donation, these members can really help our Association grow into a real service organization.

Thank you very much for your contribution to the growth and success of the Association.

For the Executive Committee, Ken Rogers, National Director

·
Administrator
7,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
90 Openings..........................

This file has been opened by at least 90 members as of this morning 7/25, it has been "Bumped" two times, and it has generated NO comments. :???: :???: Does this mean that everybody thinks it's a great idea, :dontknow: or that it's not worth commenting on. Come on folks, let us have your feedback and opinions. If you don't want to post your comments, please contact me at 817-999-3821 or send to my eMail at [email protected]. :???: Your feedback is very important to us. THANKS....................Ken :beer:

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
This works for me! Keep an eye out for my check (to NECOA for $100)!

Doug

·
Premium Member
1,324 Posts
I sent in my money a month after I joined. The money I sent doesn't even begin to pay for the information I've gleened from this forum. I will jump my "donation" when it comes due again. At the time I joined, I think it was $25 or $100. I wasn't sure what I was really getting into, so I made it $25. I won't make that mistake a second time. It will go to the $65, or more. Most likely $75.

·
Deputy Director Region 6 - Supporting Member
6,210 Posts
This thread has helped bunches with getting the understanding out regarding the site supporter option that many have always chosen...And now the opportunity to directly support the NECOA. It is also helping some to realize that they are a member of the NECOA if they are a member on this site...As in ECC the internet home of the NECOA. I have recently exchanged messages on the NECOA Facebook group page with someone who has been on ECC but did not know that they were a member of our great (worldwide) association. And it is not the first time this (other) confusion has arisen.

For site supporter? It is a necessary thing since the site is owned by another venture. As I have said, we can not discourage members from continuing to be site supporters. I suggest that everyone review the benifiets of each level and choose which fits their needs as in messaging and posting of picture files etc.

Direct NECOA contributions?...This is where I suggest making the large or small payment based on your assessment of the value associated with being a part of this group of enthusiasts of a particular automobile! Not one of you can deny that you have at least saved a few bucks with knowledge and member support you got right here! The continued growth and life of this association depends on each of us members. Available funds will only help to support the revitalization and growth that has brought us forward by leaps and bounds already! The 'leadership' is commited to continue building the foundation for this great association to live for generations to come!

Please support the NECOA as you see fit monetarily. And also take a look at the areas (Regions) that you are a part of to see if you might be able to give support where Directors and Deputy Directors are not present for organizing meets among members.

Thanks to all! :beer:

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
Okay, I've sent a check to support NECOA. So do I send a check (payable to Vertical Scope) to Robert Lee Verticlescope,Inc. to support the site (silver)?

Doug

·
Administrator
7,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Join Date Reminders will be Sent..................

Around the 1st of August, we will begin sending monthly eMail reminders to our members about their join date anniversary, along with an explanation of the NECOA donation program. We want to make sure that each member is provided with an opportunity to read about this initiative if they haven't seen the information in Forum posts. This eMail message will NOT be a plea for funds, only a description of how the process works. This program is planned to be such an important part of the continuing NECOA revitalization that we believe every member should be aware of the positive effects this will have on the Association.

Finally, given recent Forum discussions, we will also include a brief description of the ECC's relationship with the NECOA. We believe it's important that every member be familiar with the difference between the ECC, owned by AutoForums, and the National El Camino Owners Association. I’ve asked Robert, acauth1, to revise the ECC registration page to make sure that all new ECC members know that they are also joining the NECOA.........................Ken

·
6,210 Posts
This program is planned to be such an important part of the continuing NECOA revitalization that we believe every member should be aware of the positive effects this may have on the Association.

The positive effects that this will have on the association!

:beer:

·
Banned
57 Posts
I am wondering who is getting this. I know when I first joined a year or two ago I found out that it was owned by a big company. Are they getting the money or is Ken getting it?

I guess things were dull over on Tuggy's site. We caught him, but not before he tried to stirr up some infighting about me getting the NECOA funds. Sorry CHARLIE, er, Tuggy!...................................Added by Ken 09/24/2012

·
Administrator
7,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Who is getting it?

To answer your question, rodvetti, any donations under this new program, whether made through me or via the PayPAL process, go directly into the NECOA's account at the Wells Fargo Bank. Not a penny goes to me - all goes to the National El Camino Owners Association. Now, on the other hand, when you send a check to AutoForums to upgrade your account, that money goes to AutoForums - the company that bought the ECC Forum from Robert back in 2010 (as explained in the Status Report, 7-2012). That money is used to maintain the Forum, and is very important in its own right. I appreciate the question, and the chance to clarify where the money goes........................Ken :beer: :You_Rock:

·
6,210 Posts
Ok I just sent $50 which will serve as a sort of prorated amount for the rest of this year. I had previously sent money to help test the set up of the account and also a buck or 2 extra during the banners purchase and shipping activity. That will make my renewal at end of January to coincide with my original join date. My site supporter comes due at a later month because I was given 3 months extra the first time due to delays in getting it recorded on site.

:beer:

·
Premium Member
1,324 Posts
It really is good to know that two sets of monies need to be in place: one for the site and one for NECOA. I don't have a problem with that, and thanks for explaining what needs to be done for NECOA to get their donations/fees. One is just about as important as the other. Without the site, NECOA wouldn't function well, and without NECOA the site wouldn't function as well either.:You_Rock:

1 - 20 of 68 Posts