El Camino Central Forum banner

21 - 40 of 68 Posts

·
Site Contributor Participating Member
561 Posts
thanks

To answer your question, rodvetti, any donations under this new program, whether made through me or via the PayPAL process, go directly into the NECOA's account at the Wells Fargo Bank. Not a penny goes to me - all goes to the National El Camino Owners Association. Now, on the other hand, when you send a check to AutoForums to upgrade your account, that money goes to AutoForums - the company that bought the ECC Forum from Robert back in 2010 (as explained in the Status Report, 7-2012). That money is used to maintain the Forum, and is very important in its own right. I appreciate the question, and the chance to clarify where the money goes........................Ken :beer: :You_Rock:
Thanks for the clarification Ken. I upgraded my account a little while after I started hanging out around here, but didn't really pay attention to "where it went".

I agree that both are important and a check will be headed NECOA's way.

I will also see about getting a couple T-shirts and some other goodies.

Does any of the monies from that go to NECOA? The answer won't change my plan about a purchase - just curious :smileyb:

Thanks for the file updating operations, and for all that you and the other directors do.

:You_Rock:

·
Deputy Director Region 6 - Supporting Member
6,210 Posts
Yes George a portion/pecentage of T-shirt and all other sales at the Zazzle store is paid back to the NECOA. There is a former thread/ post that gives the breakdowns but there are many on the topic and I could not pick it out the exact one to put a link in this reply with a quick look.

Hope this answers your question a bit anyway. And thank you!

:beer:

·
Premium Member
1,134 Posts
This file has been opened by at least 90 members as of this morning 7/25, it has been "Bumped" two times, and it has generated NO comments. :???: :???: Does this mean that everybody thinks it's a great idea, :dontknow: or that it's not worth commenting on. Come on folks, let us have your feedback and opinions. If you don't want to post your comments, please contact me at 817-999-3821 or send to my eMail at [email protected]. :???: Your feedback is very important to us. THANKS....................Ken :beer:
The clarification was helpful. In the 16 months I've been at the site I never realized that there was two separate entities. I have been a site supporter and understand the need for that but given the amount of very credible info that I've gotten on this site and the fact that none of you guys are snobs and are willing to answer my sometimes stupid questions, My donation to NECOA will be on it's way very soon.
Thanks for your past and future help, Ang.

·
Administrator
7,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Thanks for the clarification Ken. I upgraded my account a little while after I started hanging out around here, but didn't really pay attention to "where it went".

I agree that both are important and a check will be headed NECOA's way.

I will also see about getting a couple T-shirts and some other goodies.

Does any of the monies from that go to NECOA? The answer won't change my plan about a purchase - just curious :smileyb:

Thanks for the file updating operations, and for all that you and the other directors do.

:You_Rock:
Thanks, cencal 86, for your inquiry. The Zazzle store merchandise is totally the NECOA's. The sales at the store return approximately 20 percent in royalties to the NECOA and is our biggest source of income - approximately $1,200 per year. Most of the income comes from the Calendar sales. I hope this answers your questions..................Ken :beer:

·
Administrator
7,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
September is fast passing...................

Since September is now over half over, I‘m sending a reminder about the donations processes now found in our Association Bylaws. This will give those members who joined the NECOA during the Month of September, of any Year back to 2003, a chance to review the policy and decide if they would like to make a donation. Please remember that these donations are entirely voluntary. Just for consideration, you may wish to base your decision on any benefits that you receive from the learning experiences available on the forum, and what those experiences would cost you in the real world. However, give only what you feel comfortable with, AND if you have the extra funds to let go. These are difficult times for many folks, and I realize that, so please do not give more than your circumstances warrant. Please see the first post in this thread to read the ByLaws.............................Ken :dontknow:

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
I like that NECOA as an accout all of it's own, and is able to take "membership" dues so that we can futher the message of this group. I would love to see NECOA get as big as POCI, where we can have a yearly national event someday. I know it is just a dream, but if enough of the members get involved, it could happen.

·
Administrator
7,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Thanks.................

If enough people dream the dream, it could happen. All we can do is keep spreading the positive massage abour our chosen automobiles........................Ken :dontknow:

·
ZERO MPG
15,362 Posts
I paid some at our annual Meet this year but I think I can bump it a $100.00 to help for the ones who need to it for other items at the moment. If you have it you need to help the association supports all of us.

·
Executive Committee Board Member
727 Posts
ARTICLE VI (Our Bylaws, Adopted 11/04/2011)
DUES

Section 1. DUES:
Basic membership in NECOA is without charge. Annual dues for Participating or Supporting membership shall be fixed by the Executive Committee from time to time and adjusted as necessary to provide a balanced budget for club activities and expenses. Dues shall be considered payable at the end of the month in which the member joined. The Executive Committee may from time to time adopt certain privileges to be extended to Participating or Supporting members as appropriate.

The NECOA is now prepared to begin accepting donations to its Wells Fargo bank account. As the Bylaws allow, there will be two levels of membership available via donation: the “Participating Member” and the “Supporting Member”. The Participating membership title will be bestowed on any member donating a minimum of $25.00 but less than $65.00. The Supporting membership title will be bestowed on any member making a minimum donation of $65.00. If you do not know the month that you joined the NECOA & EEC, Check the “Your Profile” block within the “USER CP” on the top ribbon, HOME Page. Or, just look at the upper right hand corner of any of your posts. Your join date will be shown there. If you want, you can pro-rate your contribution, by sending in only that portion of the year (number of months) until your join month. An example, for a member pro-rating the months until his join date comes up in the future: Take a member whose join date was say, December. It's now July, so for him to pro-rate his donation, he could pay 5 months worth now, and then start his full yearly donation in December.

Should you decide to donate to the NECOA, simply go to the PayPAL site at PayPAL.com, and select “Send Money”. Next, in the space provided for “TO (email or mobile phone)”, type in “[email protected]”. Then type in the amount you wish to donate. It’s easy, and if you have your bank tied to the account, or have the funds available in your PayPAL account – they do not deduct a fee. If you do not wish to use PayPAL, please send a check or money order, made out to the NECOA, to Ken Rogers, 2005 Running Brook, Joshua, Texas, 76058. The donated money will be used strictly for the good of the Association, for growth, for services to members, and to purchase goods and services that the Executive Committee believes are necessary to a successful Association. A complete accounting of every cent will be made to the membership every 6 months – on February 1, and on August 1.

As far as having NECOA "dues", the NECOA is, and I hope will remain, free to all who want to join. There are a large number of folks who are unemployed, underemployed, or otherwise cannot afford a required sign-up fee to an on-line Forum. Now, having said that, there are a large number of folks who do have disposable income, and don't mind tossing some of that toward a favorite charity, a social club, or an on-line Club where they spend a lot of time either with their friends, or studying how to accomplish a change from a 6-cylinder to an LS 3 for their pet Elky. Whether you want to call it "pay-to-play", or a helpful donation, these members can really help our Association grow into a real service organization.

Thank you very much for your contribution to the growth and success of the Association.

For the Executive Committee, Ken Rogers, National Director
My month is October and I will be sending my dues/donation for sure ----- but that's probably because I understand the difference between ECC-AutoForums and NECOA (OUR CLUB) --- how many guys out there are clear on the difference - if not please ask we would be glad to try to make it clear.

Does everyone understand that membership is FREE but that to grow and offer group benefits and group activities your club needs funds (donations/dues) to be able to offer you more - any one who would like to discuss concrete examples or offer advice to the Executive Committee - lets hear it - RIGHT HERE in this thread - lets discuss what you would like from your club lets discuss what your expectations are.

·
Administrator
7,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Thanks, El Bandido........

Folks, this is a great place to start a discussion if anyone has questions about the paid membership upgrades offered by AutoForums in relation to the voluntary donations that can now be made to the NECOA. I would be happy to answer any questions that the membership may have. Remember, if you are wondering about some issue with the donations, then there are probably 10 to 20 others that have the same itch - and it should be scratched! Write your question in this Thread, send me a PM, or call me at 817-999-3821 Cell or 817-774-9441 Home, between 8 and 8 (daytime).

There are 5 days left for the members who joined in September to become current, if they wish to. Around the 1st of October, I'll be sending a reminder to all those who have joined the Association during the Month of October of any year back to 2003. Remember that the donations to the NECOA are completely voluntary. If you have the extra cash to contribute, it will certainly be appreciated - if you do not, it will certainly be understood..................Ken :dontknow:

·
Premium Member
1,134 Posts
Hey Ken,
I joined in March 2011 but I want to send a few bucks now. Can I do that then do the yearly thing come March 2013.
Ang. :borgsmile:
PS the smiley doesn't mean anything I just like Star trek and have been wanting to use it:biggrin2:

·
Deputy Director Region 6 - Supporting Member
6,210 Posts
Ok I just sent $50 which will serve as a sort of prorated amount for the rest of this year. I had previously sent money to help test the set up of the account and also a buck or 2 extra during the banners purchase and shipping activity. That will make my renewal at end of January to coincide with my original join date. My site supporter comes due at a later month because I was given 3 months extra the first time due to delays in getting it recorded on site.

For mopowa....Yes you can!
And thank you!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Thank You!

Thanks for providing this site. I've been on disability for the last 4 months and spend a fair amount of time here. I made a small donation and I hope to do allot more when I am back to work. :beer:

21 - 40 of 68 Posts