El Camino Central Forum banner

61 - 68 of 68 Posts

·
Deputy Director Region 6 - Supporting Member
6,209 Posts
I kinda forgot how it's done, and don't remember if mine is recurring, or one time etc
(it's the age thing ya know....):dontknow:

Maybe someone will tell me...http://www.elcaminocentral.com/images/icons/icon7.gif
Bill what shows in your posts is that you are a 'Site Supporter'. That is a 'paid subscription' to the site owners. Look in your 'User Control Panel' down next to the bottom and click on 'Paid Subscriptions' It will show what you paid ($20) for the annual addition...And if there is an * where it shows the start and end date, then you chose recurring subscription. That $20 once per year since? Adjust your checkbook balance accordingly if any payments have not been recorded...:dontknow:

·
Site Contributor, Suppporting Member, Deputy Direc
289 Posts
The procedural details herein seem quite old. Is there any update to the process? Are voluntary dues submitted thru the website or sent direct to NECOA/Ken nowadays? Thanks.

·
Administrator
7,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
NECOA Donations

There is a process set out in our By-Laws for voluntary contributions to our Association, Joe. We have two levels: Participating Member ($25.00) and Supporting Member ($65.00). These contributions were set up as a way to fund Association activities. However, today's situation is very different than 7 years ago. We now have the Zazzle Store that adds sufficient operating funds through the sale of our yearly Calendars, the T-Shirts, and other merchandise that I build for sale to those interested. Bottom line is that I've not encouraged members' contributions for several years now. The system is still available, but unnecessary at this time. It could be revived to help pay for special events - like the upcoming 60th Anniversary celebration - but that decision will be made at a later date. I hope this answers your questions. If not, contact me direct...................Ken

·
Site Contributor, Suppporting Member, Deputy Direc
289 Posts
Thank you, Ken. I am still a bit confused on procedure though. The bylaws don't set out the contribution procedure, this posting describes one procedure, and the website under "paid subscriptions" offers a different one. I also vaguely recall seeing a topic some time ago that discussed a difference between subscribing through the website vs. direct contributions via Paypal to your address. Any guidance there? Thank you....... Joe

·
Administrator
7,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Paid Subscriptions........

Paid subscriptions are a different animal - those are purchased through the owner of our website, AutoForums. There are several levels of paid subscriptions, from a basic of $20.00 up to $100.00 for a Platinum level. For those prices, you get varying levels of perks, as described at http://www.elcaminocentral.com/view.php?pg=subscriptions , but all levels come with a reduction of the annoying advertisements and pop-ups. Those monies go directly to the website owners, and NOT to our Association, Joe.

Now, if a member does wish to contribute to the NECOA, one could send the funds as a gift through PayPAL to [email protected] with the notation that it is a donation for participating or supporting membership level. You could also send the contribution to my eMail with the same information - it would go to the same place. Thanks for your inquiry.....................Ken

·
437 Posts
Being honest, I don`t know what bumping is. I thought "Bump" was a person`s nick name until now.
I agree access to the site should be free.
But, there should be separate membership for NECOA with a set reasonable annual dues and a membership card. That still does not prohibit donations by those who wish to.
If the concern is some can not afford then keep it low. If all it takes to be a NECOA member is to sign on the site then you have many members (looks good on paper) but many non contributors or non participants.
I had no idea I was joining NECOA when I set up my site account.
Just my opinions.

JP

61 - 68 of 68 Posts