El Camino Central Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

My 67 has power front drum brakes manual steering.

Looking to chang e over to disc's and power steering

Does anybody have an idea what "donor" will have factory parts to convert over?

Thanks

·
933 Posts
I copy and pasted this off another forum ,

Just to clarify, spindles from all 1964-1972 A-body cars, all 1967-1969 F-body cars, and all 1968-1974 X-body cars will interchange. The steering arms bolt on, so you just need to swap your existing arms onto the other spindles. Disk brakes were factory offered starting in 1967, but the 67-68 calipers were the four piston units. These calipers are prone to corrosion and seal leaking, and sleeved versions are expensive, so I'd avoid them unless you really want "correct" 1967 calipers. The 69-up disk brakes used the single piston sliding caliper, which is readily available at any parts store. Just be aware that in most parts of the country, you are unlikely to find one of these cars in a wrecking yard. Restorers and ebay sellers have pretty much picked the yards dry.

I would ad that a lot of times it is easier and cheaper just to buy the conversion kits as all parts are there and new

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.