El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
ZERO MPG
15,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've only been to the mechanic once sense I joined and that was after my motor swap to fine tune it but that was wasted money :let_it_all_out::let_it_all_out:. so I'm doing it myself with my 20,000 strong pit crew. If I can do it anybody can just ask the question..:You_Rock:

·
Venerated Member RIP
4,461 Posts
X3 This a great site.
Heck I'm a retired plumber and with the help of some great members I'm putting in a Posi, gears and new trailing arms.
I even have some Tx members volunteering to lend a hand or just help with the:beer:

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
Robert, it's not just that this is a great site, its also that you get out there & try. Without extra effort, nobody will ever know what they're capable of. And whether a newbie or a seasoned expert, there is always something new to have to figure out. The more someone trains themself to figure things out the easier it is to tackle the next new obstacle.
Your thread on a little mothers metal polish is a good example of just gettin out there & tryin. While it's something that most anyone could do, most never do.

·
ZERO MPG
15,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I could never figure how to get the number 8 spark plug out so I paid for tune-ups for 20+ years. I found this group trying to ask a question on the internet and they all said free but when you got to the part where they were ready to answer the question it said you need to pay:dontknow: Somehow I found the El Camino store and asked them the question and they turned me on to here. I never wanted or had a computer at home didn't need it or even wanted to learn but once I started at work looking here I was hooked worse than crack!!!!!!! Next I was at Best Buy trying to find a computer but couldn't answer the sales person or understand what they were asking me. Now I'm Pulling and installing motors who knew????? Next project coming soon stay tuned you never know :secret::secret:
Robert

Robert

1 - 6 of 6 Posts