El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Sounds like you need the door hinge bushings replaced and the door adjusted by a body shop. Also take the door panel off and see if the insulation is missing.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Hey KingMike, The 5th. generation 78-87 always had a heavy 'close-door' sound. Also close both doors, each sound will be a little different. Try opening the pass. window & close the driver's door, then close the window, try again & compare. The only other thing (aside from above advice), is check the latch catch bolt on the body side. Look for metal on metal marks; lube the latch & catch bolt with grease and close it again, see if different. Both of my doors 'boom' when closed too. - George

·
Registered
358 Posts
Our pleasure,...

No Sweat, It's our pleasure, anything to help ya'. I went thru the same thing with my Doors. You still have a problem hit us up, got a couple more tips & tricks for those doors. - George :yell:

thanks for the advice and Im glad to be here. Thanks

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Once the door sags, lower the strike bolt a 1/4 inch. There should be no metal-metal contact on the top of the bolt.

·
ZERO MPG
15,368 Posts
I have an 86 and when I go to shut the door it is super loud . Any way to tone it down?

Put some weight on it. There's a bunch of videos in my photobucket on how quiet my doors close and feel like there solid .

CLIK ON PICTURE FOR ONE OF THE VIDEO'S . THERE'S FROM START TO FINISH IN MY BUCKET.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts