El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings, am having a hard time finding replacement doors on an '83 restore. Found a person with some '78-'79 possibilities, does anyone know if they would fit?

How about Monte doors, or Grand Prix, etc. models?

I take it that doors from a Malibu wagon are the same, or am I totally wrong?

Your input will be appreciated! Desperate in IN! #1040

·
Banned
881 Posts
You need either a 78-81 Malibu, or a 78-85 El Camino door. A 78-80 (maybe 81 too) Pontiac Lemans door will fit also. If you get a Malibu or a Lemans door it has to be from a two door car. Four door Lemans, Malibu and Malibu wagon doors are too small. If you use a Malibu or a Lemans door you will also have to swap in your old El Camino window.

An 86-87 El Camino door will also fit but the mirrors are in a different position.

The Monte, Regal, and Gran Prix doors will fit but the body lines at the front fender will be way out of whack.

:mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Look for "Mikes Montes" online. He sells stuff on E-bay, and I think posts over on www.montecarloss.com too. He deals in selling parts (including rust free doors) for G-body's. A friend of mine bought a pair of rust free southern doors from Mike a couple years ago. The doors were in excellent cond.!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
THX a ton!!!

Thank you to both replies! Someone else suggested I try Hemmings online. When I did, I ran across Mike's Montes. I give him a call yesterday and he said he had doors. Find out his place is less than 70 miles from me. Guess where I am driving over the weekend!! :D The price on his doors were greatly less than two other sources I found AND no shipping charges.

Thanks again! I went over to see my Elky yesterday and only the doors are keeping me from getting it back in the near future. I am hopefully of having it in time to get to the Midwest Chevelle show next month in StL.

As my students say, this web site ROCKS!!! dk

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A motherlode of good used parts!

I traveled to Mike's Montes in OH over the weekend. I found STACKS of good used doors. Also found STACKS of good used seats, consoles, instrument clusters, steering columns, etc. I will be a return customer. Check out his website (URL on a post above) he could be the place to find the interior (or other!) parts you are looking for. Thx for suggesting this source, I have my doors!! dk

·
Banned
881 Posts
I know he gets most of his doors from the Southwest so they must be pretty rust free. One of the folks on the Monte list, Bill Granlund, brought him a truckload of doors recently. How much did they set you back?

:mrgreen:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts