El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My windows leak! I need new door seals, they're not cheap, at least where I've looked. Any recommendations or site preferences where I can buy full door/window seals for both driver and passenger?

Sent from my PC36100 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
304 Posts
I can't remember where I bought mine, but they don't seal at the top of the window, the seals are aftermarket junk. I hope you have better luck.

·
Registered
88 Posts
just got a set for my 70, payed $60 for mine a Hot August Nights they are soft seal going to put them on tuesday will let you know !! got them from True Connections out of Riverside Ca:nanawrench:

·
Registered
46 Posts
I'm thinking of redoing the weather stripping myself, not out of need but luxury. So far The El Camino store has the cheapest reproduction stripping that I've found.. Probably the only 4th gen reproduction part available. :dontknow:

Here's the link

http://www.elcaminostore.com/el-camino-door-and-roof-rail-seals-1973-1977.html

Although I've heard mixed reviews about buying from the El Camino Store, I wouldn't be surprised if they would be the most 'economic' place to buy from, as far as this item goes.

However, if blowing $150 bucks + shipping isn't quite in your foreseeable future (huh, just like in my situation:poke:) I could probably try to remove my old sealing with great care and give it to you if need be. We 4th gen'ers gotta stick together. :beer:

Keep us updated.

·
Premium Member
3,178 Posts
Go ahead and buy the junk from The El Store. You've heard the horror stories on here ,but if price instaed of quality is paramount,go for it ! I have used "Soft-Seal " brand and Steele Rubber products and they are FIRST CLASS . Pay it once or pay it twice ,your choice .

·
Premium Member
1,324 Posts
IF you order from Ecklers', do it ONLY by phone. They will tell you whether it's in stock or not. If in stock, they will immediately mark it for you. If NOT in stock and you order online, no tellling when you'll get it. A lot of their stuff is made by Danchuk, but I don't think they make too much Elky stuff. Soft Seal is good, but not great. A lot of their "soft" is not exactly soft, and is hard to work with.

·
Silver Contributor Participating Member
461 Posts
I got a set of roof rail seals from the El Camino store for my 4th gen for $70 and couldn't be happier. Fits very well, seals completely. Initially they seemed a bit tight but that settled itself in a couple of days.

·
Registered
35 Posts
http://www.luttyschevy.com/ i got the upper and lower for 150 for mine, one of the only places i know that still makes parts for the fourth gen, they even have new quarters for like 200 a piece and they go to car shows so you can pick up with no shipping if you call ahead.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts