El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Most of the door stickers I have seen are unreadable even if the car has never been painted. Does anyone have all the data that would be on the door stickers for a 1985? How about the GVW guess it is somewhere between 4 and 5 thousand pounds, does anyone know for sure? I know someone has all the facts, please share your knowledge. :) THANKS!!

·
Banned
881 Posts
The GVW Range is 4548 to 4791 with the base LB4 4.3L TBI V6. The Curb Weight is 3252. Curb weight is without passengers or cargo. The Model Weight is 3702. Model Weight includes Curb Weight plus occupants (standard seating X 150lb.) Total Model Weight may vary as much as +/- 50 lbs. to allow for production build variations.

Source: 1985 Chevy Light Duty Truck Data Book

:mrgreen:

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the information Ernie you are one fine guy. You can not read a thing on the door sticker of my 85, it is still in good shape but the typing that was on it is just unreadable. :D Thanks for your Help.

·
1,867 Posts
I had mine weighted one time cause I bought a load of munch & it is weighted prior to the load. It was 3460 with me not in it. I would say 3400 without all the stuff I had in it at the time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts