El Camino Central Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 1986 El Camino has a completely illegible door vin decal. Is there a resource that provides what information is supposed to be listed on that decal? I do still have the RPO decal that was in the glove compartment. I found companies that will reproduce them; however, I do not know what information was originally listed on it. I know it was not altered; it is just worn. My dad bought it in 1990 from local chevy dealer.

· Registered
2,800 Posts
There’s a conpany that has the ability; they do them for ‘86-‘87 Buick Turbo Regals. (ECS Automotive). I tried to get mine (1985, Mexico built) remade by them; they were willing to try but they didn’t have the template for the Mexico built Caminos. I have a few photos of ‘85-‘87 stickers. It looks like ‘85 and ‘86 have the blue/grey boxes and are part number 14085286A, and ‘87 is all white, p/n 10080837A. They might be able to make them but you’d need to state your GVWR, build date and a few other details. If you need pictures emailed, let me know.
Patrick

Font Motor vehicle Gas Automotive lighting Electronic device
Font Material property Technology Electronic device Transparency
Font Gas Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Auto part
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Font Bumper Automotive exterior
Font Gas Signage Rectangle Auto part
Newspaper Publication News Font Rectangle
Font Motor vehicle Gas Automotive lighting Electronic device
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Font Bumper Automotive exterior
Newspaper Publication News Font Rectangle
Font Gas Signage Rectangle Auto part
Font Gas Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Auto part
e

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There’s a conpany that has the ability; they do them for ‘86-‘87 Buick Turbo Regals. (ECS Automotive). I tried to get mine (1985, Mexico built) remade by them; they were willing to try but they didn’t have the template for the Mexico built Caminos. I have a few photos of ‘85-‘87 stickers. It looks like ‘85 and ‘86 have the blue/grey boxes and are part number 14085286A, and ‘87 is all white, p/n 10080837A. They might be able to make them but you’d need to state your GVWR, build date and a few other details. If you need pictures emailed, let me know.
Patrick

View attachment 153342 View attachment 153343 View attachment 153347 View attachment 153344 View attachment 153346 View attachment 153343 View attachment 153345 View attachment 153342 View attachment 153343 View attachment 153344 View attachment 153345 View attachment 153346 View attachment 153347 e
Thanks for all the pictures, it is very helpful. Mine too was a Mexico one with the grey boxes. All of the text is completely gone. I will contact them and see what they can do. I plan to leave the original one in place to prove I am not trying to cover anything up.

· Senior Member Participating Member
1,125 Posts
I need to get my VIN sticker reprinted also. Let the site know what you find out. Thanks.:)

· Senior Member Participating Member
1,125 Posts
Thanks Osh. Ill check it out.:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts