El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings, having a lot of trouble finding doors to replace the original in a restoration. If you have some or know of places I might look, please let me know. Desperate in IN! #1040

·
Registered
119 Posts
I got a pair last week and I have been looking for a year. I also got two extra windows from a pair of bad doors.

You do know that the two door Malibu doors from '78-'81 are the same except for the window glass and that the '78-'81 Pontic Lemans are also the same.

I am going to look at another set in a week or two. I'll let you know if I find any extra ones. JIM

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A GREAT source for good used doors!

Greetings all, at the suggestion of a couple of NECOA members, I checked out Mike's Montes. Found out it was less than 70 miles from me, so I drove over last weekend. Let me tell you what I found. STACKS of good used doors. But don't let me stop there. There were also STACKS of seats, instrument panels, steering columns, consoles, etc. It was a MOTHERLODE!

Mike focuses on Montes, but has a Choo-choo and knows what will cross over. I am a very satisfied customer, I bet I'll be taking more trips in the not-so-distant future. Try him out at

http://www.mikesmontes.com/

tell him Indiana Dale sent you.

I've appreciated all the ideas and encouragement from my plea. Now that the car has its replacement doors, it'll only be a matter of time before its back from the body shop and back in my hands. Happy in IN! dk

·
Registered
123 Posts
I have a set of doors for An el camino, an '81 I believe. I got them off ebay and then found better ones. I live in Kansas city and I'd rather not ship. I'll put up an ad and show pics if anybody is interested.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts