El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1984 El Camino with a good condition body, no rust or rot anywhere except the doors. I'm trying to figure out the best way to get these, whether there is somewhere i can order them, or if id have to search junkyards or something.

Also, (dont ask why anyone would do this, i dont know either) Someone stole one of the plastic lug nut covers, right off my wheel. :evil: so, i need to find one of those too.

·
Registered
5,048 Posts
Skull, I have the same problem, looked all over to find doors, I finally found some in a boneyard off an Elky that was in a bad front end wreck. Anyway the passenger side door was in great shape but the drivers door was bent pretty badly, no rust though. I cut the doorskin off and straightened the inner door shell. Then I started to look for a new doorskin. After about a month of searching I found one dealer, yeah thats right I said one that carried the full doorskin, $137. They also carry the inner doorshell if you need that, but thats expensive, $629. By all means check the boneyards first, a 2 door Malibu door will fit also but not the glass. I do believe the inner doorshell off a Monte Carlo is the same and possibly a Cutlass and a Regal but the doorskin has different bodylines and does not line up with the Elkys. If you gotta go new check ECC links page for OEM suppliers, Auto-Parts-For-Less is the supplier. And just as info for the rest of the 5th Gen owners, check the drain holes at the bottom of your doors, it appears that Elkys doors drain holes have a tendacy to plug up after a few years and the water does not drain out of the doors sufficiently and starts the corrosion process. This seems to be the reason why it's hard to find any good doors in a boneyard also. My Elky was Ziebarted when it was new, it may have been that the undercoating that was sprayed inside the doors did in fact clog the drain holes. When I get my boneyard doors back together I am going to spray an encapsulator paint (such as POR-15 or Eastwoods) inside the lower half of the door so this won't happen again in the future. Sorry I'm so long winded guys. :oops: Lost one of your nuts huh? Sorry pal can't help you there! :lol:

·
87 Choo Choo
1,406 Posts
Skullzz13 said:
Also, (dont ask why anyone would do this, i dont know either) Someone stole one of the plastic lug nut covers, right off my wheel. :evil: so, i need to find one of those too.
Got a few spares when I bought my 87...I'll never use them. You can have one for shipping. Which style center cap...I'll check when I get home. :cool:

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
They would steal them because they needed one and you had it available. Feel lucky they didn't need all of them or have enough time to take all of them.

Have you checked with GoodMark? I saw them offering Door Shells but I think they were for the 72 Model Elkys. It is worth a look-see. These were new products and were suppose to be available this month.

·
Banned
881 Posts
Skullzz13 said:
I have a 1984 El Camino with a good condition body, no rust or rot anywhere except the doors. I'm trying to figure out the best way to get these, whether there is somewhere i can order them, or if id have to search junkyards or something.
A southwest car dismantler would be your best bet. Malibu doors will also fit the El Camino if you change the window. They won't be cheap but they will be rust free. Try these links:

www.oldautoparts.com
www.car-part.com

:mrgreen:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Skullzz13 wrote:
Also, (dont ask why anyone would do this, i dont know either) Someone stole one of the plastic lug nut covers, right off my wheel. so, i need to find one of those too.

Got a few spares when I bought my 87...I'll never use them. You can have one for shipping. Which style center cap...I'll check when I get home.

this is the cap, if you could email me at [email protected] i can give you the shipping address and everything, thanks a million!!! :D :cool:

·
87 Choo Choo
1,406 Posts
Skull;

Didn't see your reply until this morning, I'll check to see which ones I have this afternoon.... :cool:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
umm.... i cant quite afford $147.95 for a small piece of plastic. Basically, if 87SS will give me one for shipping costs, that rocks, the only other option is to buy different rims or steal the cover from another truck, which is an injustice to el camino owners everywhere.

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
87ElCamino said:
ElkyPete said:
EC Parts has them....$147.95 ea
ROTFLMAO
Is that the correct price or is the decimal point in the wrong place?

:mrgreen:
It came directly off their web page. I agree that someone is being taken to the cleaners! I copied the information and pasted it to the post. Then you have to spend another 25 or so on the emblem.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts