El Camino Central Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
OK Joecruiser its a good thing you were there on a cool day. I know, I'm born and raised out west of Phoenix, milking cows. Very cruel of you riding and mistreating that democrat in the picture.
Nike Herk & 81 Elkie, & KLR.jpg

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just kidding of course, that's certainly not the ideal time of year to hike the Sups!!! Yep, I spent a lot of years there.. I don't go back during the super hot months anymore, usually mid Sept. thru October and April thru first half of May... One day before I retired at the end of August it was 126* for a couple hours. That day they shut down Sky Harbor Airport when the density altitude went off the charts. Growing up there, no big thing, just the way it is in the summer.. When you are working outside on something mechanical, a car, truck, piece of equipment, whatever, you have to have a 5 gallon bucket of water next to you to throw your wrenches in other wise you can't handle them, can't even pick them up. I Love most all of Arizona but not anywhere around Phoenix anymore, way over 5 million people there now. The "Valley of the Sun" was a beautiful agricultural valley when I was growing up, but not anymore!!! Lotta Hot Rodders and Motor Heads in Arizona and a bunch of really nice El Caminos of all vintage. They don't rust out or have a corrosion problem. Always been lotta car guys looking to buy vintage vehicles there, airplanes too!!! I am glad you guys enjoyed your travels and experience with the Desert Rats which I still consider myself..

21 - 23 of 23 Posts