El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys

i didnt want to make 2 threads so...

first off, my reverse lights have been acting up. when i put it in reverse the back lights only flash once and go off? it only turns on for like half a second then turn off. we cant figure out why?

second, can i remove this vacume ball by the passenger side valve cover?:dontknow:
Click this bar to view the full image.

·
Registered
230 Posts
backup ligths

check at the bottom of steering there are some connection one is for backup and nuetralsafety switch there are a few different plugs one off them makes a connection when you shift and (bowl) turns on steering column it is the one that locks shifter it should be there even if you have floor-shifter. you can see what thepart in catalogs like opg2012 page 28. hpoe this help solve youre problem.

·
Deputy Director Region 6
8,773 Posts
You need the vacuum ball for the AC/Heat controls !!

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
try to adjust the switch ,it is easy you just rotate it untill the lights come on steady on way or the other. as stated above you need the vacuum ball for your vent system to work bit you can relocate it

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay thanks guys. Its kinda a hazard. Plus i can get a ticket for it

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
the base of the switch locks into the column tube and has a finger that goes into the shift tube. the electrical portion of the switch is adjustable.just reach up and grab it by the top portion and try pushing upward first you will feel it ratcheting .with the key on and in reverse( engine off and p brake set) adjust it until the lights are on steady. make sure they go off in other gears

1 - 6 of 6 Posts