El Camino Central Forum banner

Drive Shaft Ujoints

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  mrbsa 
#1 ·
I lost the caps to my rear drive shaft u joint.. Problem i dont know what vehicle the drive shaft came from.

How do i buy new U-joint or Can i see what U-Joint caps fits in junkyard ???

#4 · (Edited)
The problem is that these days, without an originating vehicle, these counter guys are lost. Go to NAPA and find the oldest guy behind the desk.

A couple of years ago, I took a U-joint to the O'Reilly store and laid it on the counter and said, "I need a replacement for this."

The kid behind the desk, who probably only needs to shave once a month, said, "What's that?"

If it's not on a front-wheel-drive car, he may have never seen one.

#6 ·
A little off topic

Went to NAPA the other day to buy a brake house. The kid behind the counter gave me the total, and I asked: "does that include my discount?" He said what discount. Triple A, and being a member I said yes. He asked to se my card so when I showed it to him, he knocked anther $1, off the price of a $14 item. So if you are a member of triple A and use NAPA, ask for the discount. Maybe the powers that be, could set up a forum category on available discounts.

Harris

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.