El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
5,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it seems i hurt lumpy last week. I took a buddy for a ride and when we got back i noticed a slight miss but didnt
think alot about it since i had been running it really hard.
well i cranked it yesterday amd #7rotatimg is dead in the water no fire on that cylinder. Havent had much time to check it out but i fear the worst been beating on that motor hard for 7 yrs so.... guess its coming out sooner than planned wish me luck:beer:

·
Premium Member
2,458 Posts
Woody,we have heard this before from you,engine knock,rod knock, don't think i can make it , Ect Ect Ect, don't know when to believe you are not !!!! :dontknow::secret: think i will take a member poll , is woodys truck broken or not Yes or NO ?????:poke:

·
Banned
5,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Man i wish i was joking hopefully it will be simple fix... cheers

·
Deputy Director Region 18 Participating Member
6,292 Posts
...you burn off the eletroide off the spark plug,Or the spark pluge wire fell off.That ole wore out truck motor should last ya at least Another five years..:poke:
:beer:

·
Banned
5,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Drive it

Woody,we have heard this before from you,engine knock,rod knock, don't think i can make it , Ect Ect Ect, don't know when to believe you are not !!!! :dontknow::secret: think i will take a member poll , is woodys truck broken or not Yes or NO ?????:poke:
HEY i drove it to the 1rst belton meet with a broken flywheel, whooped up on everybody at the dragstrip then drove it home granted not the smartest thing was but i didnt know it was cracled till we pulled the trans. It
Dang you guys up in north Tx. have all the fun.
Sounds like a lot of fun just wish Texas was a little smaller sometimes.:texas:
sounded just like a rod knocking.... so i do DRIVE mime hard and often. It is possible that a valve spring or worse has happened internally.

·
Deputy Director Region 18 Participating Member
6,292 Posts
..Hey Woody,Donny got a great deal for ya,A 454 just wainting to be drop in Lumpy..:poke:
:beer:

·
Banned
5,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks gilby for the tip but ill pass.
I hope you are rigjt about the electrode but i wasnt running my nos
So why would the electrode burn up?? New plugs installed jist before belton. Autolite #25 plugs gapped @.045
Cheers......:texas:

·
Premium Member
1,324 Posts
" is woodys truck broken or not Yes or NO ?????"

Both!!! Iffin' da truck broke, he is too.............in repairing it!!!!!!!

·
Banned
5,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sure thing bro. I been thinking bout making a video of my problem
when i get home. Cheers:beer:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts