El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to be channeling & bagging my El this summer, and I already have too many electrical toys, so I wanted to use an engine driven compressor for the bags. I've been told that the older style radial AC compressors can be used for this. I already have one on my car (that I don't want to give up) so I'm looking for a dual compressor setup. Any ideas?

·
Registered
342 Posts
I have never used a compressor for something like that but I do know what some of the 4 wheeler guys run.

The R-4 compressor would be the last compressor I would use as an air pump. I would do like the 4 wheeler guys and use a sanden compressor or an old A-6 they both have a built in oil resivoir where as the R-4 does not.

Probably the best compressor to use is the old two cylinder chrysler ac compressors. They are built well and even have their own oil pump to lube the compressor. I know of people that have used these on their air compressor. They don't move a lot of air but seem to work fairly well.

The drawback to that compressor is it's size. I would look at using a sanden or a real air compressor.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts