Discussion Starter #1
im thinking of running dual quad for looks and not performance

350, mild street cam, 700r, 3.2 posi,

any problems?

thanks

·
Registered
537 Posts
Sounds great! I also plan to run dual WCFBs which are old school corvette setup from mid/late 50's to early 60's on my 87 El Camino. Don't see many of these setups on street anymore...everyone is into LS and EFI!

Major issue I am running into is adapting old school intake onto later model 350's with aluminum heads. I'm having to fabricate alternator brackets and AC supports to accommodate/merge headers and other accessories on front of engine. So far, I've made two separate brackets for alternator because there are no mounting holes at front of old intake. Plus, I failed to take into account the breather tube next to the radiator hose. However, troublesome these fabrications are, I am enjoying the challenge of having to design and make the necessary parts.

I will post some pictures soon.

·
Director Region 19 Owner of the KLRMino
1,558 Posts
im thinking of running dual quad for looks and not performance

350, mild street cam, 700r, 3.2 posi,

any problems?

thanks
that’s a pretty spendy upgrade for only looks, unless you have a bunch of free parts lying around, don’t think you can bypass the performance part unless, the second carb isnt hooked up, but then why even do it. I guess it matters want you want to spend? Lots of things to consider!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Not sure if it's possible. To get the 'look' you need the intake manifold. If you have that, you've got 2 carbs worth of air coming in. You either supply the right amount of fuel for that air, or you'll have some serious combustion issues. If you do supply that amount of air and fuel, and don't have the engine to handle it....

800-1200 cfm in a 200-300HP built motor is a lot.

·
Director Region 19 Owner of the KLRMino
1,558 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks everyone "looks and performance" perfect!

looking forward for pic "57"

awesome "JK"

1 - 6 of 6 Posts