El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anywhere I can get a schematic for the dummy lights on my '79? Ive converted the factory gauges to the classic industries gauges and thankfully got them all working thanks to my electrician roommate. However, I have some spare wires and dont know what hooks up the dummy lights. I have the factory service manual and haynes manual but the schematics are both minimal and basic. Of the schematics I have none of the wire colors match up between schematic and car. Is there ANYWHERE I can get a schematic for this? I really want to get back on the road. This wiring has been killing me for a long time.

·
Registered
3,717 Posts
Idiot lights I guess are now called dummy lights so as not to offend the more sensitive folks. I still call the idiot lights.:texas:

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
click http://www.elcaminocentral.com/showthread.php?t=27190 and scroll down to your 79. there are two pages.
If you have switched to gauges most of your dummy lights are not going to be connected to anything as you would have switched out the sending units to the ones that came with your gauges.

·
ZERO MPG
15,383 Posts
Idiot lights I guess are now called dummy lights so as not to offend the more sensitive folks. I still call the idiot lights.:texas:
Got to remember were not young wiper snappers anymore.!!!!!!:neutral2: I don't think I can chuck a bail of hay anymore just 12-ounce curle's.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts