El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
0 Posts
I used it under the car where it rusts behind the seat. I cut the section out,fiber glassed,3 layers of sheet metal,and shot it with undercoating.
Duplicolor is the best in my book. Check out my other story with them on their site. They removed the after pictures but here's a link to my Youtube too.

Duplicolor link below.
http://www.duplicolor.com/success/stories/LtZNmeiXCe

·
Premium Member
2,535 Posts
Has anyone has used Duplicolor Rust Fix Rust Converter ???
I used it while the engine was out. Cleaned the engine bay and sprayed the stuff on everthing I could reach. It seems to work!

It is recommended to paint over the stuff with regular paint after it thoroughly dries. Some parts I didn't do that and they don't look very good. Not rusty, just not good looking. The stuff I painted still looks good.

Jack

·
Deputy Director Region 6 - Supporting Member
6,209 Posts
Yep it is pretty good stuff. And like Jack_K says above....will even make black plastic inner fenders look nicer. Be sure to clean heavier rust away before using it.

·
Banned
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep it is pretty good stuff. And like Jack_K says above....will even make black plastic inner fenders look nicer. Be sure to clean heavier rust away before using it.

Spray paint is not going to look good because car paint is recommended. That stuff even sticks to plastic wow.

·
Registered
4,136 Posts
The way I see it, if someone is looking close enough at the underside of my car to see spray paint, they're getting a size 10 to the nads.

·
Registered
929 Posts
:funnypost: I have used just good old fashioned rustoleum out of the can with a brush on things under the car, if you take your time and prep everything it doesn't matter what you use. When it comes to rust converters it's usually out of a spray can or a can. Most stuff like POR15 are not supposed to be sprayed in the first place. I have also had good luck with duplicolor products and would not hesitate to use them.

·
Deputy Director Region 6 - Supporting Member
6,209 Posts
Spray paint is not going to look good because car paint is recommended. That stuff even sticks to plastic wow.

I and others were speaking of making them look better (inner fenders). The product you have inquired about turns to a black primer when it dries. Used on anything to be finished it needs real paint on top of it afterwards to be complete. It also works well by itself for light rust fix and a black after look on anything under your vehicle like the drive shaft you have started with here and much more...Brake drums, rear axle, frame and all.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts