El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 79 Royal Knight and Im wanting to adjust the E brake. Im not quite sure how to do it. I can have the truck in neutral and it will still move. Luckly I live in a flat area. Can someone explain this please and thanks in advance.

·
Deputy Director Region 6 - Supporting Member
6,209 Posts
Try setting and releasing the parking brake several times. That is how they self adjust...:dontknow:

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I thought it was self adjusting but I cant seen to get it to hold the truck it will slowly creep on its own even at home in the parking stop which is a bit on a slope. I have tire cholks but dont want to use them everywhere I go. Unless it is stretched out.

IYF this is an Automatic but the Parking gear is out so im using the E brake as a back up at this time but will fix the Parking issue later :let_it_all_out:

·
Registered
86 Posts
For the parking brake to work correctly, the rear brakes must be adjusted properly. Pull drums off and turn self adjusters a few clicks at a time while fitting drum on in between adjustments until you feel a slight drag with drum installed. I would only adjust cable if this doesn't correct problem.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
For the parking brake to work correctly, the rear brakes must be adjusted properly. Pull drums off and turn self adjusters a few clicks at a time while fitting drum on in between adjustments until you feel a slight drag with drum installed. I would only adjust cable if this doesn't correct problem.
X2:texas:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts