El Camino Central Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had the car up on ramps the other day and noticed the e-brake pedal couldn't be pressed down. (Don't worry I chocked the wheels extremely well)
The car rolls fine in neutral so I know the e-brake isn't engaged back there so I figure it's the pedal\locking assembly inside.

However I'm not entirely sure the e-brake cable routing heading to the rear is right.
I'm unsure if it's missing a bracket or if it should be bolted to the frame somewhere but it doesn't look right.

Here's a video I just took (sorry it's kind of crappy) showing how it routes and where it rubs.
If we confirm that's the proper route then I'll ignore it and work on the pedal mechanism inside the car but, that rusty rub spot is odd.

*Sorry for the format, apparently any vids uploaded to YouTube under 1-minute is formatted as a "short" and there's no way around that current day.
El Camino E-Brake

·
Deputy Regional Director, Region 13
6,487 Posts
don't have mine to eyeball right now but IIRC there was a hook on my '67 Impala mounted on the transmission crossmember that pulled the cable to the side. if that's the case on this one, you might be missing a hook

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Appreciate it. I confirmed that the interior pedal mech is fine. The cable \ rear brakes are the problem. Still not 100% on how that cable should be routed though. Near the firewall before the crossmember exists a hook sort of cable management device. Everything rear of the engine bay is a question mark. I'm still in disbelief that the rubbing against the floor pan is normal.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts