El Camino Central Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read several articles in search & can`t find an answer. Any one know if I can install a vacuum distrbutor & a non computer carb on a 1984 El Camino W a 305 v/8 and leave ECM in to control a/c & cruise control. Any one know how to make A/C work without ECM ? I could get by with out cruise but not A/C ?
Dave B.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
the ecm does not control the ac and not sure yet on the cruise , the heater/ac harness are seperate from the ecm.the heater harness comes out from the bottom corner of the heater box and the ecm comes out of the body below the heater box.

·
El Camino Central Founder/Co-Founder N.E.C.O.A.
3,118 Posts
The ecm does NOT control the a/c or cruise.

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks to all that replied. It seems to be a matter in question, I` m going to try it & see what happens. No pollution testing in New York if vehicle is over 25 years old . I have already removed every thing pollution related except for catylitic convertor & car has passed inspection 3 years in a row
Dave B.

·
Registered
29 Posts
87's are all smog equiped?

Correct me please if wrong but I believe all 87-88 with 305 v8's were of the Calf smog version type. Assume there were not enough cars being sold to warrant Elky's out of Calf to be diferent.

·
Registered
231 Posts
little late guys :screwy: just kidding, Once I got the carb and distributor, I just took all the loose wires, bundled them up and shoved them in the fender in case I ever needed them again. I guess next time I take out my wheel well I will probably disconnect all the wires at the ECM and yank it all out the right way.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.