El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1960 El Camino 350, 5 speed, GM 12 Bolt, 4 wheel disk brakes, air
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sorry for the short notice, but I'll be leading the annual Eddie Cochran car cruise this Saturday, in my 1960 El Camino... last year we had 465 cars & split into 2 groups , meeting at the 1/2 way point of the cruise route, getting to roll by 4-5 miles of solid cars as we cruised... everyone loved it...

we're trying to do similar this year as well ( different route going around 5-6 lakes in the area ) would love to see some more El Caminos, but if anyone is close enough to come, it's free, you're welcome to join the cruise in any collectible, classic or modern... if you can come, look me up, I'll be driving my satin black 1960 El Camino that is in my avatar ( added a pic below )

more on the cruise here...

My car & I...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Interesting Im about a 2 hr drive drive from Albert Lea, never heard of this cruise. Is this open to any cars or just El Caminos.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Interesting Im about a 2 hr drive drive from Albert Lea, never heard of this cruise. Is this open to any cars or just El Caminos.
Any collectible cars… classic or modern… there will be plenty newer vettes, Camaros, & Mustangs, as well as everything older… but there will be sections of the cruise that we’ll be driving at highway speeds, so original T’s & A’s may have trouble with the out of town driving

·
Director Region 6 (FL) - 2017 Founders' Award Reci
4,921 Posts
Pretty cool Magnum . Hope others will join him for the event and as a Director , we appreciate it when members are willing to help others enjoy their rides .

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sounds like we had about 250 cars… I think we had 4-5 El Caminos… did see a nice Dodge Rampage… don’t see those to often anymore

I organize 4 - 5 local cruises each summer… The Eddie Cochran cruise is the largest… I’ll be doing a smaller senior care facility cruise in a couple weeks

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've not found any on line yet, & was too busy to take any myself... again having the 2 groups meet in the middle was a highlight... everyone loves that...

had about 250 various collectables in the parking lot, & had some counts at the half way point that were closer to 150... but there were some model T's & A's that only did the cruise through town, & didn't go along into the country, around the local lakes...

if I find any coming in, I'll link them...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts