El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, guys

Here some pictures of my project, from the beginning to were I am at right now.

Enjoy :smile3:

The Engine is still as it looks on the picture, that's my next subject after de bodywork is done.

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
HOLY SMOKES BATMAN.. thats a lot of work there brother. Looks like you're doing a great yob! Welcome from Texas:texas:.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello guys, Its been a while since I have Posted Anything, more than a year ago :???: But here I am, here are some pictures of the progress I made in de passing time Enjoy, Joost.
Here the Qaurter panel in place, i have finished the seem between de roof an the qaurter panel through the traditional way. Very hard job if you haven don it before.
On is way too the sand blaster.....
Back from the sandblaster, more trouble ! decided to do this qaurter panell also.
Also a new inner fender this was also in a bad shape.
At this moment I am doing al the fine adjusting, detailing, trying to make my new trims fit ! what a garbage. And Finnaly some pics of my engine

·
Registered
137 Posts
Looks Good

Lots of work I can understand. Question? is there a chop going on with the top? The weld at the back beltline makes me wonder:huh:
Good work

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Lots of work I can understand. Question? is there a chop going on with the top? The weld at the back beltline makes me wonder:huh:
Good work
that's not a weld what you see on the picture, that's lead :mrgreen: they came just like this from the factory back in the day.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
New pics.

Sorry guys for the lack of posting pictures for the last months, so here are some new pictures of the progress I made.

Ready for the sandblaster !

Sealing all the seams before the bottom could be painted, what a job:biggrin:

·
Registered
148 Posts
Love that last pic, it looks like one of the scale model kits!

·
Registered
397 Posts
Great looking engine.
You may want to think about a remote location for your oil filter. Otherwise you will have to remove the driver side header every time you change oil. I thought the filter would slide out sideways between the 2nd and 3rd headers tubes on my 427 but with the mushroom oil pan, I was shy about .5 inch worth of clearance.
This is the unhappy voice of experience talking.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Great looking engine.
You may want to think about a remote location for your oil filter. Otherwise you will have to remove the driver side header every time you change oil. I thought the filter would slide out sideways between the 2nd and 3rd headers tubes on my 427 but with the mushroom oil pan, I was shy about .5 inch worth of clearance.
This is the unhappy voice of experience talking.
I'm glad you've told me, is far from ideal to remove the Headers for a oil change! Do you have a picture how it's mounted on your car ?

Thanks !

1 - 20 of 22 Posts