El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the difference between such El camino models as the Conquista and the Super Sport and the base modle? Is it a styling difference or engine? Any known info on Conquistas would be appreciated grealty.

·
Registered
46 Posts
A Conquista is like an "LS" model, and by that I mean fancier interior and a nicer two tone paint job than the base model. It would not necessarily have an engine or suspension upgrade.

·
Registered
46 Posts
My Conquista does have the "D91" option, which thirdgen.org (Camaro/Firebird site) describes as
"D91 : PAINT, TWO-TONE WITH RR QUARTER, UPPER PAINT BREAK"
I wonder if you could find an El Camino with D91, but without interior options such as custom seats, tilt wheel, or cruise control.

On this site <http://necoa.org/article34.html> it mentions that "the early SS years, 1968-1974, The Super Sport designation meant not only different badging and accents, but also a higher performance equipped El Camino."

"...[T]he Super Sport designation in the El Camino options list was little more than an appearance package in El Caminos from 1975 through the end of El Camino production in 1987.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts