El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wondering where I would go for info on insuring my el camino now that it is almost finished. I am looking for info on experiances our members have had w/ insurance companies and who is rated the best.

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
I use Hagerty insurance. I have a 73 El Camino and a 64 Riviera. Total insurance is about $360 annually.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I have Hagerty Insurance too, including coverage on the '68 that I'm currently restoring. You can get insurance, at a reduced rate, on your truck while it is being restored.

Greg

·
Director Region 19 Owner of the KLRMino
1,619 Posts
Hagerty is what I’m using you pay for what you want it insure $$$

·
Registered
451 Posts
I have my 72 Sprint insured with the National Corvette Museum,$15000.00 agreed value, 5000 mile annual max, no drivers under 25 years old, $79.00 a year. We also have my wife's 2016 Corvette insured there, way cheaper than any other I could find for the coverage.

Mike

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
I use Grundy and have for years ,very satisfied . Make sure you're getting TRUE stated value coverage.
Grundy as well here, unlimited miles at least in AZ.

·
Premium Member
704 Posts
I have Hagerty too, but, have never had a claim. It would be interesting to hear anyone's experience with these companies as far as total loss and collision repair.

·
Ministry of Broke Things
6,562 Posts
I've had Hagerty for over 10 years. No claims other than roadside assistance 2x. That went really well both times. Make sure that you're getting guaranteed value whomever you purchase insurance from, as opposed to coverage that will only pay you book value in the event of a total claim.

·
Ministry of Broke Things
6,562 Posts
I use a local Germania guy. He is 190 a year. And i was able to insure it for as much as i wanted.
Chance, I hope your Germania agent set you up with a specialty classic car insurance carrier like Hagerty, Grundy, etc. Because if they just insured you on a Germania personal auto policy, it is NOT guaranteed value. I know this because I have been a Germania agent since 1998, and a Hagerty agent since 2006. If you're not sure, you should give your agent a call and get clarification on what type of policy you have. If the conversation doesn't clear anything up for you, please PM me and I'll try to answer any questions you may have. The time to find out what kind of coverage you really have is before the claim, not after!

·
Premium Member
1,465 Posts
I got a quote this morning for my 70 El Camino, 6000 miles driving per year, $25,000 agreed value from the National Corvette Museum Insurance carrier for just under $360 per year. I think I will be picking this very soon.

Rick

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

·
Site Contributor, Suppporting Member, Deputy Direc
289 Posts
I inquired of both Grundy and Hagerty. Grundy refused to quote without a garage. Hagerty accepted off-street parking (driveway) in my geographical location (have heard that in some areas they also require a garage).

·
Registered
21 Posts
I've been happy with Grundy so far. 1970 SS396 with unlimited mileage and agreed upon value for a little over $200 a year.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
I inquired of both Grundy and Hagerty. Grundy refused to quote without a garage. Hagerty accepted off-street parking (driveway) in my geographical location (have heard that in some areas they also require a garage).
How much did that affect the cost of coverage, if you don't mind me asking?

·
Super Moderator
1,568 Posts
Hagerty quoted $1330/yr. without the enclosed garage and $887/yr. with an enclosed garage.

NCM Insurance quoted $679/yr., with an enclosed garage option only.

Grundy doesn't even offer coverage for Louisiana residents. :sneaky1:

·
Registered
844 Posts
To me much of the collector car insurance is reasonable, it's health and my other vehicle insurance that's flippin nuts.
Ok, I had to vent... I feel better now

·
Ministry of Broke Things
6,562 Posts
There's 3 kinds of insurance that I do not deal with. Health, crop, and flood. And there's one common element of all 3 of those. The government is involved heavily in all 3 of them. I'll leave it at that.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts