El Camino Central Forum banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
4,578 Posts
I have...

...State Farm and his name is Chad (No Kidding) I've had them for over 7 years and pay $100.00 a year! Full coverage, Unlimited miles and actual replacement value of $14K. No collector plate needed. :bigups:

·
Premium Member
3,157 Posts
Why not just go with an insurance co. that is know worldwide and very reasonable on pricing. If they require the vehicle to be in a locked enclosed garage its done so they won't have to pay for as many stolen cars ,WHICH is going to cost everyone.Grundy and Hagerty are known, good companies.

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
el camino insurance

I want to thank everyone for there input on insurance and differant companies. I see some real nice rates out there. Wayne hit on a couple of the best companies. Haggerty quoted me $$890yr f/ G-value of $75K and $633 f/ $50K. Grundy I have to call and talk to someone because I could not send them a picture because nose is still off and I am still assembling vehicle. I could finish quicker If I did not get poor quality parts or parts that just don,t fit. Anyway I am gonna get on the phone and speak to these various companies because I know I can get a reduced rate while I am assembling elky. I know its crazy to some to insure a vehicle for $50-75K when these vehicles are not bringing that kind of money vs. the money and time I have in it. that's why its insurance, if it gets stolen, wrecked by a little old man pulling out in front of me or whatever I will be covered by someone. plus I am kicking myself for getting so crazy with this build and I know I seem to be on site a lot but that's because I want it as original as possible but with my color choice. Thanks everyone for your help and advice.

·
Site Contributor, Suppporting Member, Deputy Direc
289 Posts
I finally took the leap and switched over to Hagerty's Insurance from Nationwide. I went full-bore and got full coverage/no deductible and still saved $100/yr over my old full-with-deductible/book value. No garage, driveway parking, unlimited mileage, no restrictions, guaranteed value $16k, no questions - no hassles. (Grundy required a garage and had limited mileage.)

·
Registered
269 Posts
i use hagerty also. only pay $220 for the 78 being valued at 11,800 and just got a letter from my broker saying i can up it's value to 13,100 for another $12/month. very tempting after i was nearly in 3 accidents in 1 day while driving the elcamino and none of them would have been my fault. i had inquired about the garage things since i did see that in the paperwork but my broker said i was fine without it. there is no real restriction on it

·
Registered
338 Posts
I have two cars with Hagerty. My 82 Elky and my 65 Toyota FJ40 Landcruiser.
Both are declared/agreed/stated value of $18K.
Pay $385 each per year including their top road side assistance endorsement.

In FL, Hagerty will not insure unless it's in a garage. Hurricanes I guess.
No claims ever...not even roadside but excellent customer service.

·
Premium Member
3,157 Posts
Do you not have the car covered while you are building it ?? I think that would be nuts to get it one day from finished and a fire gets it, or its stolen and you're out everything !

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I use Grundy and have for years ,very satisfied . Make sure you're getting TRUE stated value coverage.
Stated Value and Agreed Value have different definitions as auto insurance terms. For a collector, you want Agreed Value and not Stated Value. Total loss payoff is still a negotiated settlement amount with Stated Value. With Agreed Value, you get the value you agreed to period.
Since you have Grundy, I'm pretty sure you do have Agreed Value. I don't think they have anything but.

I have Agreed Value with Grundy Worldwide and have 3 vehicles on the policy. I've had 2 claims over the 10 years and both were paid promptly.
I have an Agreed Value on my El Camino of $21,000 and my premium is $267 per year.

·
Premium Member
3,157 Posts
Roger, You had me doubting myself so bad I had to go pull the policy to make sure ! It is "agreed" ! Thanks so much for bringing that up.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts