El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,hoping and wishing all a happy memorial day!!! I have a question regaurding the frames on an 87 el Camino,and one from a 87 mcss,are they the same? & can they be used say to put a Monte body on the Elco frame or vice versa? Ive heard the el caminos frames are a Lil longer,but would appreciate a d:poke:efinite answer.thanks guys.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Yes Elco frames are longer

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the confimation buddy:beer: do you know if its just the bumper shock absorbers from mcss to Elco? & if changing these out would alow me to mount a mcss body on a el frame or would this just not be doable? Thanks.any current upgrades/work been done to your awesome converSSion?!? Havent been on the boards lately.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Nope won't fit, Elco frame is longer in the middle.....
Nope no work to the Elco, just been driving the crap out of it

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
The wheelbase for the MC is 116 inches and the El Camino is 119 inches. They won't interchange.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nope won't fit, Elco frame is longer in the middle.....
Nope no work to the Elco, just been driving the crap out of it
I hear you! :beer: thats hellava more pleasant on the ears,than hearing you WERE going to sell that beauty?! nehoo now that youre back on the boards still cool if I pm you those fitment issues I have with the doors/quarter ? Memb:poke:er? You member

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The wheelbase for the MC is 116 inches and the El Camino is 119 inches. They won't interchange.
Appreciate you donating to my knowledge intake!!!
:beer: thanks man:You_Rock: thats a great looking choo-choo in your avatar! Yours?

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
I hear you! :beer: thats hellava more pleasant on the ears,than hearing you WERE going to sell that beauty?! nehoo now that youre back on the boards still cool if I pm you those fitment issues I have with the doors/quarter ? Memb:poke:er? You member
Ya I've been waiting for you to send them to me lol

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ya I've been waiting for you to send them to me lol
Cool!!! Thanks man,and ill get them to you after the holiday.enjoy the rest of your week end and memorial day!!!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts