El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After searching the local craigslist almost daily looking for another 5th gen I stumbled across something else that caught my eye. Say Hello to my New to me and now my second El Camino. 1977! 4th gen. Far from beautiful and a little bit of a work in progress but she seems to drive fine. Drove her an hour and 30 minutes home.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Total score.
And what a awesome color scheme.
Elcaminos evolved from cadilacs.
And thats a heck of a example of that.
I always thought that those 70s 4th gens were designed
specificaly for a supercharger LOL:hail::rockon:

·
Deputy Director Region 3 NJ Participating Member
2,094 Posts
Nice find! Congratulations!

I have always had a soft spot for the 4th gen's, first one I had was a '75 Classic back in the 1980's. Have a '75 SS now.

Remember that these are the BIGGEST el Caino's most amount of bed area, longest too!

I just picked up a '76 Laguna S3, measured the total length, the '75 el Camino is over 7" longer than the Laguna even though they are the same style.

Have FUN with it and keep us posted on what you do to it.

Would like to know more about the drivetrain? What did you pay for it?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice find! Congratulations!

I have always had a soft spot for the 4th gen's, first one I had was a '75 Classic back in the 1980's. Have a '75 SS now.

Remember that these are the BIGGEST el Caino's most amount of bed area, longest too!

I just picked up a '76 Laguna S3, measured the total length, the '75 el Camino is over 7" longer than the Laguna even though they are the same style.

Have FUN with it and keep us posted on what you do to it.

Would like to know more about the drivetrain? What did you pay for it?
Not sure on transmission. I do know it has the original 350 in it with around 80K original miles. A/C even works and has a power bench seat which I have never seen before. Paid $1800 for it. Has original manual, service and warranty papers. Also has the original temporary tag from when it was bought from the car lot new.

·
Registered
6 Posts
These make the BEST daily drivers! Old enough to be cool, new enough to be trouble free. I dd'ed a '77 a while back and really enjoyed it. Cheap to fix and keep running, only issue is interior parts if needed. A lot of the hard plastic stuff turns to dust. Don't be afraid to buy the wrong color part and dye it, that may be your only option.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Interior actually isn't to awful bad besides the dash which they all pretty much crack. I think I'm gonna look into one of those carpet dash mats or something.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Interior actually isn't to awful bad besides the dash which they all pretty much crack. I think I'm gonna look into one of those carpet dash mats or something.
I ran across this Youtube video where a guy uses Super Glue and baking soda to do a quick repair to dash cracks. May give it a try myself and report the results. Difference is, I will wear gloves!

·
ZERO MPG
15,368 Posts
I ran across this Youtube video where a guy uses Super Glue and baking soda to do a quick repair to dash cracks. May give it a try myself and report the results. Difference is, I will wear gloves!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aK2rUlxA2g
I saw the video months ago and just tried it a week ago. It dries in a second and hard as a rock. It works like he says.:usa:

·
Registered
426 Posts
Use rubber gloves .
the burning sensation is a low level of cyanide in the super glue.
and who knows what kind of reaction hes getting from the baking soda.
Thats why cyan is in the ingredients .

1 - 20 of 20 Posts